Value of: Mikael Sergachev

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't know about that, his value is still pretty damned good. Just because the Lightning stunk it up in the playoffs does not mean there will be a fire sale. LOL

I was being sarcastic. Looks like Tampa has cap trouble. To do list is Point, Paquette and to find a few RD's. Cap space is about $10M (with a $83M cap) and they have 16 players signed. They need to sign 7 players with $10M in cap space and that includes Point. Something has to give.

Both Hedman and McDonagh are signed long term and on the LD side. Only guy signed for the RD side for next year is Cernak. What about a package of Sergachev and Callahan for a RD? Habs may be interested cause we need LD and we have a stock pile of RD's

Not many know how good Juulsen was for the Habs this year prior to getting two pucks to his face in the same spot in the same game. He was our best D man behind Petry and plays a very solid game. Not going to put up 40+ pts on the back end but he plays physical, skates very well, and provides shutdown ability. Could be a very good fit with McDonagh IMO.

Any interest? Juulsen and a 2nd for Sergachev and Callahan (if he is OK to go to Montreal). This solves two problems... RD and cap space. Unless you plan on playing Sergachev on the RD side moving forward and trying to unload Callahan another way?

Reactions: BeingTheThunder

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If he is made available, Shero will be on the phone in no time. Our left side is garbage and he would fit right into our rebuilding period.

I have no idea what Tampa’s needs are since they’re stacked.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I was being sarcastic. Looks like Tampa has cap trouble. To do list is Point, Paquette and to find a few RD's. Cap space is about $10M (with a $83M cap) and they have 16 players signed. They need to sign 7 players with $10M in cap space and that includes Point. Something has to give.

Both Hedman and McDonagh are signed long term and on the LD side. Only guy signed for the RD side for next year is Cernak. What about a package of Sergachev and Callahan for a RD? Habs may be interested cause we need LD and we have a stock pile of RD's
Sorry, I didn't pick up it being sarcasm. We definitely have some moves to make and, if I am being completely honest, I wouldn't mind trading Sergachev.

However, I would also want to trade Callahan, Palat, Johnson, and Gourde as well. Yes, all 4 of them. Moving those 4 would give us ample cap space to resign Point and Vasilevskiy long term and we could sign Cernak, Cirelli, and Joseph to bridge deals.

I know the Lightning need a bit of a shakeup and I think moving Cally, Pally, Johnny, and Gourdo would be sufficient.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
IF he is on the market I believe the Jets will be interested in a Trouba deal if they can’t sign him long term. Probably a few picks get added in to even it up. In looking at your cap situation you would have to get the scalpel out to make it work though.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sorry, I didn't pick up it being sarcasm. We definitely have some moves to make and, if I am being completely honest, I wouldn't mind trading Sergachev.

However, I would also want to trade Callahan, Palat, Johnson, and Gourde as well. Yes, all 4 of them. Moving those 4 would give us ample cap space to resign Point and Vasilevskiy long term and we could sign Cernak, Cirelli, and Joseph to bridge deals.

I know the Lightning need a bit of a shakeup and I think moving Cally, Pally, Johnny, and Gourdo would be sufficient.

Pretty sure the Habs can help you out with two problems in one move. Sergachev and Callahan for a RD. Question is do you value Juulsen and a 2nd? We need a LD and we have too many RD's. We also have cap space to absorb Callahan if he is OK with playing in Montreal for the last year of his deal.

As far as Palat, Johnson, and Gourde... You will have to see what you can get from other teams. Don't think the Habs need these types.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Pretty sure the Habs can help you out with two problems in one move. Sergachev and Callahan for a RD. Question is do you value Juulsen and a 2nd? We need a LD and we have too many RD's. We also have cap space to absorb Callahan if he is OK with playing in Montreal for the last year of his deal.

As far as Palat, Johnson, and Gourde... You will have to see what you can get from other teams. Don't think the Habs need these types.
That would be a yes from me.. I dunno how the OP feels about it but I would do that as long as there was no retention on Callahan's contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That would be a yes from me.. I dunno how the OP feels about it but I would do that as long as there was no retention on Callahan's contract.

No retention required. I'm trying to help the Lightning out with the RD issue and the cap issue and you guys are helping us out with our LD needs. Juulsen is not as offensive as Sergachev but I actually think he projects to be a more reliable top 4D in terms of play in his own end.

Before his injury, Juulsen was leading the Habs in blocks and hits. I hate to trade him but we have Brook and Fleury behind Weber and Petry anyways.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

You make it sound like it's easy to move over 20 mil AAV, mostly in long term contracts, without taking salary back.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
ahhhhh Finaly we see a sergachev trade thread. Was a question of time

Makes sense. They are stacked on LD and need RD's. They tried Sergachev on RD with Hedman and kept moving him back to bottom paring LD. A Sergachev and Callahan (no retention) for a RD who is on a ELC and fills a top 4D spot fits their needs.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I've been high on him since his draft and wanted him for the AVs. TB is more likely to package him in a deal due to their cap problems and suspect JT Miller could be part of a larger deal to clear Cap Space. A salary dump could be included as well.

AVs might be interested and need another LHD. It'll depend on the 2019 Draft and if Byram is selected.

Sergachev
Miller
Callahan (cap dump)

For

2020-1st
2019-2nd (47th)
Kerfoot
Kamenev
Bowers

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Sergachev and Provorov are apparently the best of friends... hypothetically PHI could be interested, but realistically they’re not.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I've been high on him since his draft and wanted him for the AVs. TB is more likely to package him in a deal due to their cap problems and suspect JT Miller could be part of a larger deal to clear Cap Space. A salary dump could be included as well.

AVs might be interested and need another LHD. It'll depend on the 2019 Draft and if Byram is selected.

Sergachev
Miller
Callahan (cap dump)

For

2020-1st
2019-2nd (47th)
Kerfoot
Kamenev
Bowers

You need to include a RD in the package. That is one of their needs. You addressed the cap space issue but not the RD issue. They will be looking to address both if they are moving Sergachev.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Does he prefer to play the right side? He shoots left and plays left in Tampa so...

Also, maybe take a day and process what happened. Don't overreact and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
If he is made available, Shero will be on the phone in no time. Our left side is garbage and he would fit right into our rebuilding period.

I have no idea what Tampa’s needs are since they’re stacked.
You're right on this. He may be the type of D man the Devs need (really need them all!). But to fill that somewhat established player, not too old not expected to be a top pairing guy but could fill in sometime in the future while they see what Smith really is and give him time to start his pro career.

Serg looked a little lost in that series IMO

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018

Sergachev
Miller
Callahan (cap dump)

For

2020-1st
2019-2nd (47th)
Kerfoot
Kamenev
Bowers

With what cap space will you sign Rantanen after that trade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad