Waived: Mikael Samuelsson

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I heard Vancouver was interested. Well, not the team, but they're talking about it there.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Awesome!!!

I feel like they plan on keeping Weiss on LTIR. Not sure how else they could make it work roster/cap wise?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This is by far the most awesome news I have heard in a long time.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It was mentioned in the other thread but if he got picked up it would clear enough cap to give the wings flexibility to call up whoever from GR and send them down.

Also clears space for the deadline. Hopefully he gets snagged

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
What teams even have the cap space to take on 3M? Even if he was desirable as a player?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
It was mentioned in the other thread but if he got picked up it would clear enough cap to give the wings flexibility to call up whoever from GR and send them down.

Also clears space for the deadline. Hopefully he gets snagged

Don't see any possible way another team is going to claim a 37 year old with a 3M cap hit that has 3 points in 26 games.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Hopefully he doesn't want to report to the AHL and the Red Wings can void his contract.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Sucks things didn't work out for him here. He had the potential when he first came here...this last time....to be a productive figure in our lineup. He scored some clutch goals for us in the past, I wish him all the luck in the world post Red Wings.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
What teams even have the cap space to take on 3M? Even if he was desirable as a player?

I don't think it'd be 3 million but whatever his salary is for the rest of the season. That being said I don't think Samuelsson is attractive as a 1.3-1.5M player either so I expect to see him head to GR. What are the chances that we could loan him to a SHL team for the rest of the season?

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I don't think it'd be 3 million but whatever his salary is for the rest of the season. That being said I don't think Samuelsson is attractive as a 1.3-1.5M player either so I expect to see him head to GR. What are the chances that we could loan him to a SHL team for the rest of the season?

His cap hit wouldn't change regardless of how much money he is owed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
With Bertuzzi scratched last game and talk of Cleary possibly sitting if Franzen returns tomorrow, and now this... almost an overload of good news after a season of wondering if everyone in the Wings management has gone insane.

I can't imagine anyone claiming him after the way he's played the last 2 years.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Should it be a surprise that Ken Holland is trying to put together the best team he can by unloading some dead weight and creating space for the guys who have stepped up and claimed a spot for themselves?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->