Value of: Mikael Granlund

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There is very little chance he will be moved. He fills an important spot on the Wild as their best puckhandler, passer, and PP set up man and zone entry whiz. Also likely to be a captain in the future...has that kind of vibe to him. Since moving to the wing he has come alive and delivered (finally!) on the pre-draft hype he received.

If he was faster he'd be a star, instead of just an excellent 1st line player.

This thread will devolve into offers of lesser, assorted bits and draft choices from other teams. Don't see the point.

Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If Draisaitl isn’t involved it makes zero sense for Minnesota. If Draisaitl is involved it makes zero sense for Edmonton.
I personally don’t think there is much separation between him and RNH. Grandlund has slightly higher production, RNH has better goal scoring and plays center. Before RNH got hurt, he was on pace for a 31 goal, 62 point campaign, and that was entirely at center, with 0 talent on his wings, on the 2nd PP, and literally no time with McDavid.

Draisaitl is clearly on another level. Stronger defensively, younger, plays a more important position, as well as more offense.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I personally don’t think there is much separation between him and RNH. Grandlund has slightly higher production, RNH has better goal scoring and plays center. Before RNH got hurt, he was on pace for a 31 goal, 62 point campaign, and that was entirely at center, with 0 talent on his wings, on the 2nd PP, and literally no time with McDavid.

Draisaitl is clearly on another level. Stronger defensively, younger, plays a more important position, as well as more offense.
There would be no point in moving Granlund unless Minnesota got an upgrade in return. I wouldn’t do a lateral trade just to make a trade.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Not a shooter or skater, but he's league top in setting up passes.

If he would play with a top sniper, there would be a lot of assists.

big reason Zucker had 30+ goals. Ovechkin + Granlund would just be amazing to watch. will never happen but just imagine those 2 together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->