Mikael Granlund Vs Artemi Panarin

Granlund or Panarin

• Granlund

• Panarin

Results are only viewable after voting.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
They're actually quite similar in the way that they're both small and extremely skilled. What makes Panarin more dangerous than Granlund is his shot and skating ability. Granlund could be the better playmaker of the two but Panarin is really good in that regard too so it's not really that big of an edge for Granlund.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Surprised Granlund has gotten this many votes. I think the most impressive thing about Panarin isnt his shot or his skill but its his compete level. Dude will gave after the puck anywhere on the ice and will join board battles with much bigger players and still find a way to come out with the puck. Plus hes also gotta be one of the better players in the league at stripping players of the puck

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Granlund has a slight edge playing defensively and maybe passing ability but all the other attributes say Panarin. So Panarin.

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
As a Wild fan, Panarin is better than Granlund offensively, but Granlund is definitely the better defensive player. I give the nod to Granlund because he is out producing Panarin PPG wise but it is basically equal production.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Surprised Granlund has gotten this many votes.

Granlund has a devoted cult following. He also had a breakout year last year, and is playing good again this year despite coming of an injury.

Edit: And he’s probably better than Panarin defensively.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Granlund pretty easy to me. They are close offensively, and Granlund is light years better defensively. Over the past two years Panarin has has has 80% O zone starts. Granlund has had 40%. Panarin has the slight advantage in 5v5 P/60 (1.99 to 1.9) and Granlund has the advantage in all situations (2.7 to 2.63).

So, given two wings within spitting difference of eachother offensively, but one can play a heavy defensive load and PK while maintaining the same offense. I'd suspect every GM in the league would pick Granlund.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Surprised Granlund has gotten this many votes. I think the most impressive thing about Panarin isnt his shot or his skill but its his compete level. Dude will gave after the puck anywhere on the ice and will join board battles with much bigger players and still find a way to come out with the puck. Plus hes also gotta be one of the better players in the league at stripping players of the puck

I think it's his 2way game that's getting him the votes.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I thought it was close and not Panarin easily.
It's definetly closer than this poll indicates, if not obvious it's Granlund. But Panarin is still getting the played with Patrick Kane boost, so people haven't quite realized he's a 65 + point player not a 75 + point player.

Still very good, but given Granlund is also a 65 + point player, with a much better 200 foot game, it definitely shouldn't be as lopsided as this poll is.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's definetly closer than this poll indicates, if not obvious it's Granlund. But Panarin is still getting the played with Patrick Kane boost, so people haven't quite realized he's a 65 + point player not a 75 + point player.

Still very good, but given Granlund is also a 65 + point player, with a much better 200 foot game, it definitely shouldn't be as lopsided as this poll is.

Panarin is a 65 point pace so far despite shooting only 9% with a inordinately low 6.7% on ice shooting percentage at even strength. Granlund had similar numbers when he only put up 44 points in '16. Panarin plays softer minutes but he's absolutely killing those minutes on a team that can't finish this year. If he keeps playing like this his numbers will normalize back to 75+ levels even without Kane.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Exatctly - Panarin is little skilled guy who have heart of Eric Lindroc ( and looks realizes himself like very big and strong guy) Panarins biggest advantage is his strong character. How much harder the game, then guy [plays better and smarter. Hу by himself pulled for ears Russian WJC team at 2011 to golden comeback. Guy has diamond hard core and mental

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad