Mikael Backlund

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
he has been struggling with inuries this season and hasnt been amazing in the feaw games he has played. thats why has fallen. but he has great talent. IMO he will be a 30+40 second liner in he's prime. thats if he reaches he's max potential.

he has amazing skating speed and has all the offensive tools you need. good shot, stickhandling, deking and playmaking. he is also pretty gritty at times and doesnt mind getting he's nose dirty. needs to improve on he's defensive game. its not very good.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
He's ranked 2nd amongst Europeans by CSS. I guess they don't think he's fallen too far.

GNick42

I would be tempted to take a flyer on him at 12. According to how the draft goes and if anybody like Couture should slide. I also would be open to trading back a few slots and picking up an extra second rounder....and then select him at 16 or so

Faktisti*

he has been struggling with inuries this season and hasnt been amazing in the feaw games he has played. thats why has fallen. but he has great talent. IMO he will be a 30+40 second liner in he's prime. thats if he reaches he's max potential.

he has amazing skating speed and has all the offensive tools you need. good shot, stickhandling, deking and playmaking. he is also pretty gritty at times and doesnt mind getting he's nose dirty. needs to improve on he's defensive game. its not very good.

sounds like next tuomo ruutu

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does anyone know if Backlund is currently playing in the SEL or in the league just below that? Or if his season is done, what was the last team he played for?

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
He's playing for Vasteras in the Tier Two league I think (don't quote me though).

I think he could be a really good player if given time.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He's playing for Vasteras in the Tier Two league I think (don't quote me though).

I think he could be a really good player if given time.

Thanks, that's what I thought as well. And I agree, from what I hear there's a lot of potential there, yet he struggled with injuries this year. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up being picked in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad