Value of: Mika Zibanejad

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Rangers would want a top flight center prospect, which I doubt any team would give for struggling veteran player like Zibanejad.

He has a NMC too so he could block any trade. Ain't happenin

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Zibanejad and Buchnevich for Monahan and Hanifin from Calgary
No.
I'm not sure they have the expendable assets to get 'er done unless they're willing to part with Roslovic

Roslovic, Nash for Zibanejad?
No.
Monahan straight up.
No.
Calgary would seem like a good fit...

Bennett, Pelletier, Zary for Zibanejad (50% retained)
No.
The only way Zibs would be dealt is for Eichel, or to the 3rd team in a deal for the Rangers to get Eichel.
Sure.
Zibinajad for danault , 2021 2nd and a 2022 2nd. Rangers are free to work out an extension for danault first
Keep the picks and put either Kotkaniemi in. There’s your win now move
I offer you a young, new, unused Logan Brown to get Zibanejad back in OTT
Keep going.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Avs fans would hate it but I'd do Newhook for Zibanejad @50%
or reunite Quinn with Shane Bowers + 2021 1st

Avs may have to massage some cap if no contract is going back, but I'd like it for a 2 year cup run

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I think he's playing hurt again. His one-timer mechanics were bonkers yesterday.
it was mentioned on the rangers board that he paid the price to score the empty netter against washington last week and I went back and watched that and the hit was hefty and awkward and the linemates were congratulating him and he looked like his ribs were broken, he was hunched over and was like "hhhnnnn thanks boys, hhsnnshh"

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think he's playing hurt again. His one-timer mechanics were bonkers yesterday.
it was mentioned on the rangers board that he paid the price to score the empty netter against washington last week and I went back and watched that and the hit was hefty and awkward and the linemates were congratulating him and he looked like his ribs were broken, he was hunched over and was like "hhhnnnn thanks boys, hhsnnshh"
You have to remember. He had COVID and didn’t get a preseason. He is still playing himself into shape.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is not a bad defensive center. He isn’t going to win a Selke but I don’t think he is a minus defender out there either. He isn’t great on Faceoffs though, but no one on the Rangers is so maybe that’s salvageable

He’s also on our first PK unit, and we have a top ten PK a unit in the league. How can we have a good PK without good defensive forwards? He’s not even that bad on FO’s. He’s been right around 50%his whole career.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It would be a mistake to trade him. As a Devils fan , I’d love it if they traded him. He is a very good C with size and skill . Why the hell would you trade that away unless it is a gamble you take on a younger C ? I do not see the point of it all. Rangers need C as it is do they not ?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It would be a mistake to trade him. As a Devils fan , I’d love it if they traded him. He is a very good C with size and skill . Why the hell would you trade that away unless it is a gamble you take on a younger C ? I do not see the point of it all. Rangers need C as it is do they not ?
it would be to hit the reset button.

but the rangers already have a ton of young talent in their system. they invested in hefty contracts (panarin, trouba). they will gain cap space from two (maybe three) buyouts next season to strenghten their roster. trading zibanejad is confessing that their rebuild has failed. i can't see that happen under gorton.

zibanejad trade talk can be pushed into the future until gorton is fired.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Rangers don’t need futures. Picks and prospects won’t interest Gorton.

The Rangers need help at Center. Zbad won’t be moved unless Gorton can obtain a replacement 1C which is damn near impossible.

Zbad isn’t in a slump. He’s not halfassing it on the ice. He clearly hasn’t recovered from Covid and it shows.
This guy/girl gets it! :nod:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah they do.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
It’s contract and career timing, he’s due a huge raise in 22-23 and is on the older side of our rebuild window age. We can accommodate him as of now barely due to raises for Igor, Fox, Kakko, Lindgren, Chytil and a few lesser players. If we obtain or invest in another high end center then chances are that We can’t afford Zibs. It’s weird, next year we’ll have like 10 mil cap space after roster is built but year after we’ll be checking the sofa for coins.

Reactions: bernmeister

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I don’t get where the notion of him being a “two-way” forward comes from. He’s been a poor defensive centre for his entire career, he was on the sens and continues to be so on the rangers .
Maybe he was on the Sens? He's one of the best defensive forwards on the rangers.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Avs fans would hate it but I'd do Newhook for Zibanejad @50%
or reunite Quinn with Shane Bowers + 2021 1st

Avs may have to massage some cap if no contract is going back, but I'd like it for a 2 year cup run

Newhook destroyed Hockey East as a true freshman C. That’s exceedingly rare. He’s an elite prospect. Why would Avs do this?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Newhook destroyed Hockey East as a true freshman C. That’s exceedingly rare. He’s an elite prospect. Why would Avs do this?

2 kicks at the can with their core, having 2 top Centers on sweetheart deals. Lots of contracts expiring in another 1-2 seasons. MacKinnon chief among them, as well as Kadri, Burakovsky, Donskoi, and Nuke.

If Sakic/you dont think its worthwhile, thats fine. I'm sure a team like Vegas or Minnesota would be excited to add Zibanejad as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

You are hoping Newhook eventually becomes 85% of what Zibanejad is.

I still don't think thats enough though coming back to the Rangers. I'd want a lot more, and I'm not convinced the Avalanche have the pieces to part with, unless they want to start throwing Byram, Girard or Toews into a trade.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
You are hoping Newhook eventually becomes 85% of what Zibanejad is.

I still don't think thats enough though coming back to the Rangers. I'd want a lot more, and I'm not convinced the Avalanche have the pieces to part with, unless they want to start throwing Byram, Girard or Toews into a trade.

Agree to disagree. Either way it doesn’t matter, Sakic is too smart to move Newhook for Zib. He is a patient GM and sees big picture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad