Recalled/Assigned: Mika Zibanejad

General Granny*

ya, bingo is gonna struggle with zibby gone, stone and hoffman hurt.

sucks.

Time for some Schneider Dacosta Prince magic.

They looked amazing together in their only game together on Dacostas return from his injury.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Thanks for the update. Still, you'd think DaCosta must be getting tired of being skipped over despite proving his worth in the AHL. Unless the Sens have given up on him.

Everyone will get their turn up in Ottawa. When Turris or god forbid Spezza need games off, he'll be up.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
The reason why Da Costa is in the AHL is that he needs to work on other aspects of his game besides putting up points. They know what he can do offensively, what they want to see is better defensive play, a higher compete level and willingness to go to the dirty areas and battle for pucks along the boards. He has made a lot of progress this season in all these areas but it is possible that they feel he has some more work to do. Aside from that, the biggest thing holding Da Costa back is his strength; at this point he probably isn't strong enough to ply the wing so he will only get called up if we need a centre.

da costa already plays a smart defensive game. he like to pick those pockets and is pretty good at it. his positioning is good (could be better, but still pretty good) and he has good stick work. i don't think defense is holding him back, unless we're going to play him in a shutdown roll or he has to take one of the spots of a penalty killer. da costa is good along the boards, but he could drive to the net more. i think the compete is there. i do agree with you completely on strength. he needs to put on strength. other than that, he's ready for nhl duties, and could play this year. we're just too deep at center.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
zibby turris silfverberg

latendresse/greening - spezza - michalek
jim/greening - turris - regin
silf - zibby - alfie
o'brien - smith - neil
condra
k-daug

why do i have a feeling that second line would be a third line? also - condra not in my line up :cry: it is the price i had to pay to make line sweden.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
latendresse/greening - spezza - michalek
jim/greening - turris - regin
silf - zibby - alfie
o'brien - smith - neil
condra
k-daug

why do i have a feeling that second line would be a third line? also - condra not in my line up :cry: it is the price i had to pay to make line sweden.

Greening - Spezza - 9MM
Zibanejad -Turris - Alfie
Latendresse - Smith - Neil
Regin - JOB - Condra

Either way I wanna see Zibanejad play some time with Turris see what happens.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Greening - Spezza - 9MM
Zibanejad -Turris - Alfie
Latendresse - Smith - Neil
Regin - JOB - Condra

Either way I wanna see Zibanejad play some time with Turris see what happens.

Silfverberg?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I hope he gets a game or 2 in then promptly shipped back to Bingo..

With the Hoffman (collarbone, probably done for the season) and Stone (broken finger, three/four weeks minimum) injuries, I would say Murray is aware that, unless Z really lights it up, he'll be back quickly.

I have the feeling Hoffman and Stone would have been ahead of him on the call-up chart if not for the injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad