Recalled/Assigned: Mika Zibanejad

General Granny*

Also the all star break means Bingo is off for a week, so it makes sense to get the guy some practices and some games for a guy that barely played this season.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Bruce Garrioch

Coach Paul MacLean didn't rule out Zibanejad playing. GM Bryan Murray says he expects him to play. Expect Zibanejad to play. #Sens

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Wonder why he got the call over the likes of Hoff/DaCosta and whether they feel snubbed.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Wonder why he got the call over the likes of Hoff/DaCosta and whether they feel snubbed.

Hoffman has a broken collarbone, as per this tweet:

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner
F Mark Stone has broken finger and F Mike Hoffman broken collarbone. Stone needed to mend his sore ribs anyway. Time to heal. #b-Sens #Sens

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Thanks for the update. Still, you'd think DaCosta must be getting tired of being skipped over despite proving his worth in the AHL. Unless the Sens have given up on him.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thanks for the update. Still, you'd think DaCosta must be getting tired of being skipped over despite proving his worth in the AHL. Unless the Sens have given up on him.

He must be getting very frustrated. And will be wanting to move on soon.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He must be getting very frustrated. And will be wanting to move on soon.

Hopefully not and if he does then he probably isn't the type of player we want.

DaCosta has been injured twice this season I believe so he could use some consistency and ice time in the A plus he is a center which we don't need right now...this move doesn't mean they have given up on him or that he should demand anything.

I believe he has the goods and if he continues strong play this season he might get called up yet or worst case is gets and invite to camp next year and he can show his stuff then...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hopefully not and if he does then he probably isn't the type of player we want.

DaCosta has been injured twice this season I believe so he could use some consistency and ice time in the A plus he is a center which we don't need right now...this move doesn't mean they have given up on him or that he should demand anything.

I believe he has the goods and if he continues strong play this season he might get called up yet or worst case is gets and invite to camp next year and he can show his stuff then...

If Alfie or Lats need a rest and can't go tomorrow we need a winger, not a Center.

Berserker*

The reason why Da Costa is in the AHL is that he needs to work on other aspects of his game besides putting up points. They know what he can do offensively, what they want to see is better defensive play, a higher compete level and willingness to go to the dirty areas and battle for pucks along the boards. He has made a lot of progress this season in all these areas but it is possible that they feel he has some more work to do. Aside from that, the biggest thing holding Da Costa back is his strength; at this point he probably isn't strong enough to ply the wing so he will only get called up if we need a centre.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
If Alfie or Lats need a rest and can't go tomorrow we need a winger, not a Center.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or if you misread me? I said he was a center and that isn't what the Ottawa Senators need right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad