Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Calling someone 'probably a douchebag' because you have differing views/opinions?

That's projecting douchebaggery.

Not really, there's a difference between people having certain beliefs and advertising them. I think the exact same thing about the virtue signaling left. If he were posting about how white male privilege on twitter I'd call him a douchebag just the same.

Reactions: romba

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not really, there's a difference between people having certain beliefs and advertising them. I think the exact same thing about the virtue signaling left. If he were posting about how white male privilege on twitter I'd call him a douchebag just the same.

I care as much about an athlete's political views as I do about a politicans golf handicap.

I'll leave it at that, before this escalates

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
One thing that I like a lot about HF is that it has managed to keep politics from seeping into hockey discussion, unlike say HockeyTwitter where it seems to run rampant.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I care as much about an athlete's political views as I do about a politicans golf handicap.

I'll leave it at that, before this escalates

I don't care one bit either. I had a small qualifier and said he'd be great to grab a drink with. Only reason I brought that up was because I was talking about him personally in THAT post. You asked me about it so I shared.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
So how much will he want once this contract expires? I’m thinking $9MM x 7 years with NTC, based on CK’s leadership and Panarin’s skills. Anything north of that ... you can keep him.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So how much will he want once this contract expires? I’m thinking $9MM x 7 years with NTC, based on CK’s leadership and Panarin’s skills. Anything north of that ... you can keep him.

I'm thinking 10+

Reactions: romba

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

The Seguin contract is the best comparable for me, still. That would come down to 11m AAV with a full NMC based on cap hit percentage, inflation etc. unless he wants to sign a team-friendly deal.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
The Seguin contract is the best comparable for me, still. That would come down to 11m AAV with a full NMC based on cap hit percentage, inflation etc. unless he wants to sign a team-friendly deal.
Hoping for a team friendly deal. Otherwise, at this rate, we’re gonna have a Vasilevsly-like contract in Shesty, the Kreider contract, the Panarin contract and the Trouba contract — plus the $10MM in Zibanejad. That’s a lot of dough to spend on just s few players. And Fox and ADA will want nice paydays I’m sure.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I was hoping for a McKinnon like deal. Probably won’t happen — not with CK getting 7MM and Panarin getting 11MM at least.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
mika's current deal is a mckinnon like deal...you get that kind of deal off a ELC buying RFA years if the player isn't a top start by year 3.
Can’t wait to see how much McK will get in his UFA Year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Man, I kind of strayed from the protocol on politics but it was respectful until my least favorite political personality type showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad