Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Mika has zero personality and gives horrible interviews idk why everyone is so adamant about giving him the C. Great player don’t get me wrong but he doesn’t strike me as Captain material .

Ironic considering it was his personality that made him expendable in Ottawa. I would call it maturity, but to each their own.

Captains don't have to be inspirational-motivation type. The problem with this fans of this team is they think Messier's leadership style is the only one that works.

At some point this team needs to shit or get off the pot and select a Captain. The veteran leadership core will take a 50% hit at TDL with possibly both Kreider and Fast going and then the following off-season Staal and Hank will be gone.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Crosby has the personality of a flat tire.

Apparently he's an excellent leader.

Mika has personality, he’s just a gentle type. His interviews show that, but you can find plenty of clips of him goofing off and having personality.

My own opinion is that guys like Zib are great teammates who do everything right and lead by example. However, I always have felt I like guys like Zib keeping the A and letting someone like (heat for this one anticipated) DeAngelo or a Trouba (Not saying those two particularly, just the best examples on the current roster) type rise up and claim the C. It’s not the most popular take, but I like guys like Zib and Fast with As, being great locker room guys, playing the right way, but someone whose a bit of a hot head wearing the C. Just personal preference.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I was excited when we traded for this guy, but my highest hopes for him were a solid two way 2C. He has crushed my expectations for him as a player. I love this trade more and more than I did when we made it. I’m also kind of amazed that he can assert himself on a game and have as much of an effect as Panarin.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
My only concern with Mika at this point is durability. Otherwise, we've finally got an elite 1C in his prime.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
But, I was told that Panarin is the only reason the Rangers are challenging for a playoff spot.
If not for Panarin, the Rangers are essentially Detroit.

But that elite top line center, If not for Panarin, the Rangers are essentially Detroit. But they have a 24 year old who is trending towards 60 points, If not for Panarin, the Rangers are essentially Detroit.

Reactions: jas

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
If not for Panarin, the Rangers are essentially Detroit.

But that elite top line center, If not for Panarin, the Rangers are essentially Detroit. But they have a 24 year old who is trending towards 60 points, If not for Panarin, the Rangers are essentially Detroit.

The Wings are the Rangers without Panarin, an offensive blue-line, or good goaltending.

Reactions: romba

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York
3qbktq.jpg

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
What a f***in stud. Busts his ass every god damned shift and makes plays. Plays in every conceivable situation imaginable as well and EXCELS.

His stock is rising in the league. Was considered a 'marginal' 1st line center before this year, now he's considered a 1st line center even on a top team, by next year he'll be called top 10 without a doubt. Others need to catch on to what we already know.

If Chytil can continue follow his development curve, which he so far is, then holy sheeeeeeeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad