Mighty Penguins of Anaheim??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Shero*

Maybe we shouldn't worry about Malkin getting traded to LA, Sid seems like he spends an awful lot of time in SoCal during the off season. Does he have a house there?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
If it is cheaper like the article states who can blame them?

Agreed. Nothing wrong with doing it that way if it's more convenient for the company filming it.

It doesn't really matter much in hockey anyway. You can make the ice look exactly like it does at CEC. You can't do the same thing in baseball for example. I remember what I think was a Subway commercial years ago where Ryan Howard was taking BP at PNC Park. That didn't make much sense. I know he won the HR derby there but the commercial still looked odd.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Maybe we shouldn't worry about Malkin getting traded to LA, Sid seems like he spends an awful lot of time in SoCal during the off season. Does he have a house there?

No, he just goes to where a lot of the top athletes train in the off-season for a few weeks a year. He's been in Halifax for the extreme bulk of the off-season.

This is a fairly common practice...as the article said it's a lot cheaper to paint an ice surface than ship a film crew across the country.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
What was the photo shoot for? It seems odd that they couldn't just send Sid to Pittsburgh and have a "production crew" in the burgh do the shoot. It's not like there aren't good photographers in every city.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Since I can watch the games only on tv, they can pull a capricorn-one and move the Penguins anywhere without me even notice :laugh:

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Interesting. If I was a Ducks fan, I would probably be very upset over them painting over my logo with a Penguins :P

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
I heard he spent a week or two here on PEI, a couple friends saw him at the gym.

Must be nice to be able to travel and train all over North America lol... I'd sure enjoy it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad