Teams coming back to earth

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I kinda wish this thread didn't exist.

I'm kinda cool with everyone thinking we're most likely going to draft Lafresniere.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
a leafs fan chirping anybody about the 2nd round..
tenor.gif

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Oilers fans of all people should know better than to get excited over a modicum of success but they just can't help themselves.

As a Flames fan I don't get excited about anything anymore because I already know I'll end up disappointed.

Reactions: McFlyingV

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
Watched them for the first time this season yesterday, They will be in the wild card-race. More balanced team then I expected to see. Nygard and Persson are nice additions. Goaltending will be key but that is for most teams.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Wouldn't surprise me if they snuck in as a wild card in a weak division. With that said let's wait and see what happens when McDavid isn't pacing for close to 200 points. He's good but not THAT good lol.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This thread isn’t going to turn into an Oiler bash fest at all... lol

Anyways way to early. Sabres won a boat load in a row last year and shit the bed. I’ll buy in if it sustains until the 25 game mark.

Also I can’t blame Oiler fans for overreacting here. It’s been so long.... we celebrate when we can.

Last edited:
Reactions: RegDunlop

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Oilers fans are some of the greatest of all sports so it's nice to finally be on top leading the League.

I think many other teams recognize our fans as being loyal and our organization as being one of the most legendary in the NHL and for that are thankful that we are looking to be a force in this league this season and likely quite a few more to come with Connor McDavid committed for 7 more years.

It's good for all teams to have the greatest player who ever lived on a winning cup contender, it showcases the talent and grows the game.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers fans of all people should know better than to get excited over a modicum of success but they just can't help themselves.

As a Flames fan I don't get excited about anything anymore because I already know I'll end up disappointed.

Oilers fans are among the most loyal and passionate fan base in the NHL.

Let us have our fun. We obviously aren’t going 82-0 but we are playing good hockey and Tippett has instilled the structure this team has been crying to have for forever.

Reactions: onetweasy

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Well if they didn't make the playoffs this year McDavid would probably paint his face like the Joker and start terrorizing Edmonton so it's a good thing for everybody that things are going well.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Well if they didn't make the playoffs this year McDavid would probably paint his face like the Joker and start terrorizing Edmonton so it's a good thing for everybody that things are going well.

In the offseason/preseason media reported some rumoured discussion between Holland and McDavid regarding a two-year timeline on the rebuild to flush out Chia's mistakes. I can see McDavid silently asked for a trade if we stayed bottom-10 (Oilers haven't been bottom-5 since Connor's rookie season) with no improvement over the next two seasons. Fans wouldn't blame him either.

Just sniffing the wildcard spot would be a big improvement this season from last. I don't recall even stringing together two wins in a row last season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Its not like Edmonton Oilers has not done this before, having one great season
and then falling apart for some reason again.

16-17 season: almost 50 wins and 103 points, went to the 2nd round, MacLellan was a god, Chiarelli redeemed genius and Cam Talbot,
supposedly, one of the best goalies in the NHL. Expectations for the 17-18? - super high - next 2 seasons?, 78 & 79 points, respectfully.

It would be super cool if the Oilers would get back thou, for good.
- the last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup?; the Edmonton Oilers...or was it the Montreal Canadiens :) ....anyways, it wasn't the Toronto Maple Leafs thou...

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Not having Puljujärvi there might actually help. He was juggled around quite a bit, maybe lines didn't get a chance to gel?

Lucic and Paajarvi. Although the names aren't as flashy this year, having some guys with some hockey sense and ability to skate is really helping out. Really like what i've seen from guys like Nygard and Haas in the bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad