Miettinen or Sejna or Voroviev

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by DisturbedPO, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. DisturbedPO

DisturbedPO Registered User

Programmer/Analyst
    Miettinen or Sejna or Vorobiev

If you had a choice..
    Wich one would you pick..

Each had a cup of coffee of the NHL..

I think i'd choose Miettinen because he's a great passer with solid defense..

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  2. Hossa

Hossa Registered User

Student of the Game
    Home Page:
    Personally, Vorobiev.

He had a rough year (all 3 did), but he's the youngest, and I've always liked his potential.

3. Ajacied

Ajacied Stay strong Appie! ❤

Miettinen is easily the most well-rounded of the bunch. He is very solid in just about every facet of the game, though he isn't really excellent in any part. Aside from his outstanding two-way game, two other attributes got my attention during those few games with the Stars. One being flashes of brilliant moves he uses to get out of what looked like hopeless situations as well as having some decent one on one moves. The other attribute that I noticed was his ability to cause an impact, physicly spoken. He really layed some wallpaper worthy open ice hits in as well pre-season as the regular season.

Due to his age (23 I believe), and because he already has a year of experience in North America, expect Antti to contribute pretty fast. I think that he will average between 45/60 points within a year or two, but don't expect him to score much more. Could even gain some votes for the Selke trophy, if not win it someday. Jere Lehtinen remains his closest comparison.

Since I have a soft spots for complete players, Miettinen would've been my choice even if he weren't Stars property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.