Player Discussion Midway Point Report Card 2017-18

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He certainly isn't at a Tarasenko level. Such a comparison, that some here make a case for, would be an interesting thread for his supporters to toss up on the main board!

To me Buch's upside is like Kucherov. Judging by this year though I think the likelihood is somewhat less. Players like Kucherov and Tarasenko have this determination intangible thing that I haven't seen a whole lot of from Buchnevich yet. I think he's got the talent to get at least close to those guys but to get to there he's going to have to become more of a real leader on and off the ice. One thing that means is picking up his game when the team struggles and judging by what's happened since Kreider went down I just don't see it----but it ain't just him.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Buch has played pretty darn well. He is a 2nd year player not a completely developed guy. Same goes for Slim Jim. These guys were 3rd round picks. We should not expect them to be McDavid type players. They should both round in to better players as their games mature. They do not have to be a Tarasenko or Kucherov. Those are 2 of the most elite players in the NHL. It would be great if any of our guys could be at that level but they can still be really good without being top 10 players in the whole NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->