Midterm All-WJC Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
rt said:
There are two players that I've been paying closest attention to throughout the tournament; Suter and Hagemo. They appear, to me, to be the best two defenders for the US so far. I think Hagemo's play has been on par with and many times stronger than Suter's. Hagemo doesn't get much attention because he's not a very highly touted prospect but I really like what I've seen so far. I've always liked Suter and he has been decent so far, but I've noticed him failing to keep the puck in the zone, refusing to shoot on the power play and making questionable decisions in front of his net a few times in the three games I've seen, while Hagemo has been relatively mistake free. I haven't seen any games that weren't on ESPN2, so what I guess I'm saying is; if Suter is good enough to be on an all-tournament team, then Hagemo certainly is as well.

I have been more impressed with Borer, but I also think Hagemo and Suter have played well. I think Borer has been the most steady defensemen for USA, but I could be alone in this.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
I'd just like to say that I'm surprised nobody even mentioned Shawn Belle. He's been pretty damn good for Canada on defense and I think I would say that he's been better than Weber or at least on par.

Here's my six player team though:
Canada- Patrice Bergeron
Czech Republic- Rositslav Olesz
Russia- Alexander Ovechkin

Canada- Dion Phaneuf
Slovakia- Andrej Meszaros

Canada- Jeff Glass(who really besides some guys that have played just one game?)

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Forwards

Patrice Bergeron
Sidney Crosby
Jeff Carter
Clarke Macarthur
Johannes Salmonsson
Stefan Ruzicka
Sergei Shirokov
Alexander Ovechkin
Evgeni Malkin
Dan Fritsche
Rostislav Olesz
Andrei Kostitsyn

Notable Omissions: Drew Stafford, Ryan Getzlaf, Roman Voloshenko, Petr Vrana

Defense

Dion Phaneuf
Shea Weber
Johan Fransson
Andrej Meszaros
Ryan Suter
Ladislav Smid

Notable Omissions: Shawn Belle, Boris Valabik, Lukas Bolf

Goalies

Tuuka Rask
Jeff Glass

Notable Omissions: Jaroslav Halak, Anton Khudobin

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Messenger said:
Are you counting todays game against the USA in the medal round ...

Only if the poster had a time machine and used it to know who would be in net and how he would play. At the time of the post, according to the Swedish coach, he wasn't sure who would start in tonights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->