TSN: Midseason NHL Award Winners by Cullen

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
TSN just put an article by Scott Cullen on the midseason award winners and runners-up. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417924

Norris Trophy: PK Subban is a runner-up.

Calder Trophy: Brendan Gallagher is the winner.

Jack Adams Award: Michel Therrien is a runner-up.

Seems pretty accurate so far.

If Subban continues to play the way he has for the last 4-5 games,
this becomes more reasonable. But two of his better games were already
in the second half. Strictly on the first half, Norris trophy sounds very
farfetched.
Plekanec could use some notice for Selke.

Ayatollah Chowmeini

May 27, 2010
MTL/MKE
If Subban continues to play the way he has for the last 4-5 games,
this becomes more reasonable. But two of his better games were already
in the second half. Strictly on the first half, Norris trophy sounds very
farfetched.
Plekanec could use some notice for Selke.

18 points in 20 games, a +4, playing in all situations and you don't think he's a legit contender for the Norris? Not sure what you think the voters look at...

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
TSN just put an article by Scott Cullen on the midseason award winners and runners-up. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417924

Norris Trophy: PK Subban is a runner-up.

Calder Trophy: Brendan Gallagher is the winner.

Jack Adams Award: Michel Therrien is a runner-up.

Seems pretty accurate so far.

You know you are in bizzaro land when Rejean Tremblay may not be that far off with his sarcastic predictions :laugh:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I like his choices and it's great that P.K.'s great play is being noticed even if it kills Leafs, Sens and Bruins fans. lol

We'll see what the 2nd half brings.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Price for vezina on NHL.com.

I really can't see how you can pick Huberdeau over Gallagher for Calder voting. This is a clear cut for me. Having seen both through out the year... It's ridiculous.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Price for vezina on NHL.com.

I really can't see how you can pick Huberdeau over Gallagher for Calder voting. This is a clear cut for me. Having seen both through out the year... It's ridiculous.

Huberdeau has more points and more goals... it's pretty easy to see why someone would.

Tymaster

Sep 27, 2010
Markov should get the Masterton. Unless Pittsburgh put Crosby, which they didn't last year. Probably because they knew Max Pac was a sure bet and wanted Crosby to get it this year.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Who would have thought? The simple fact that those guys are looked at and getting noticed is awesome news and means we're doing great things. Therrien for Adams would be incredible, even if only nominated.

I like his choices and it's great that P.K.'s great play is being noticed even if it kills Leafs, Sens and Bruins fans. lol ...

Don't forget the Pens fans, they also seem to hate him. A lot.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
4 more goals, 4 more points, in 4 more games. It's not all about goals.

Why not just change the description of the trophy to : Most points by a rookie then ?

Yes, and Gallagher is also doing it on a first place team. Means a lot to me. He's doing it at both ends of the rink.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
4 more goals, 4 more points, in 4 more games. It's not all about goals.

Why not just change the description of the trophy to : Most points by a rookie then ?

You're saying it like 4 more goals, 4 more points in 4 more games means nothing. It means a lot. They are on pace for the same amount of points, but Hubs is in the running for 22 goals in 48 games which is a 38 goal pace in 82. Gallagher is on pace for 26 goals in 82. It's not all about the points, but come on! It's obvious why some would choose Huberdeau over Gallagher.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
You're saying it like 4 more goals, 4 more points in 4 more games means nothing. It means a lot. They are on pace for the same amount of points, but Hubs is in the running for 22 goals in 48 games which is a 38 goal pace in 82. Gallagher is on pace for 26 goals in 82. It's not all about the points, but come on! It's obvious why some would choose Huberdeau over Gallagher.

Some may also look at more than goals, the kid plays a solid defensive game while being on pace for 56 points to Huberdeau's 54 in an 82 game season.

I don't think Gallagher wins it hands down, but I do believe it's between those two at this point in the season.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

So Stamkos should get the hart ?

Keep in mind the Calder is supposed to be the hart of the rookies.

It can't really held against a player that he's playing on a bottom dweller or on a top team. Anyway, MTL was 3rd last last year.... He's turned it around with 3-4 other players and new management. He's a big part of our success.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012

It can't really held against a player that he's playing on a bottom dweller or on a top team. Anyway, MTL was 3rd last last year.... He's turned it around with 3-4 other players and new management. He's a big part of our success.

No one said that Huberdeau should be the winner. It was you that said it should be Gallagher and you have no idea why someone would pick Huberdeau. Right now they are the guys to beat, it could go either way and neither would be considered robbed.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009

I'm not saying Hubedeau is leaps and bounds having a better season than gally... I'm saying it's not foolish to think Huberdeau would take the calder this season if it were to end now. You said it was ridiculous to think so... but it's not. In fact I'd assume most would vote for Huberdeau. I'm a little biased with my vote for gally, but I can totally see why some would say Hubs.

Just like it's not crazy for someone to think stamkos should have the Hart. Also Crosby has way more points than Stammer, so that comparison is useless.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not saying Hubedeau is leaps and bounds having a better season than gally... I'm saying it's not foolish to think Huberdeau would take the calder this season if it were to end now. You said it was ridiculous to think so... but it's not. In fact I'd assume most would vote for Huberdeau. I'm a little biased with my vote for gally, but I can totally see why some would say Hubs.

Just like it's not crazy for someone to think stamkos should have the Hart. Also Crosby has way more points than Stammer, so that comparison is useless.

and the pens are 2nd in the east

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad