[Midseason] HF Voted Top 10 NHL Prospects

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The eye test is definitely a factor to consider. However, at the end of the day, as a top prospect in the NHL, you just have to produce. Especially with the recent productive draft+1 seasons we've seen from Keller, Connor, Boeser, White, Jost, etc, etc, etc, who all played in different scenarios and all had possible reasons as to why they weren't in the best position to succeed. Yet they all overcame them and actually produced at elite levels.

That being said, I am a fan of Mittelstadt and DO think he will pick it up next year. But I still think ranking him 2nd right now, is too high. Definitely a tier below Heiskanen and Tolvanen. Maybe even Makar.

Mittelstadt is in the Thomas, Chytil, Glass, Vilardi tier of forwards as of currently imo. I think the recent WJC success really shot him up in the rankings. Just look at how many people would have taken Puljujarvi before Laine after the 2014 WJC.

I think the eye test and the numbers have to be considered in tandem. Production is nice if it’s truly generated by the prospect being evaluated but as always if a guy is benefitting from a teammate that only shows up with the eye test. Also the NCAA observers see Mittlestadt regularly and can assess him over a longer period of time. Not just him of course. Regular viewings of the local guy are hard to beat. Given how far flung these prospects are it’s hard for me to believe that anyone can fairly evaluate the guys in question when they play in a bunch of different leagues teams and countries.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Does Dylan Strome belong here? If he doesn't get his head into the,when he plays in the NHL
and if he doesn't improve his skating,..top 10 prospect?

Maybe his position isn't center,in the NHL that is.
- when he played with DeBrincat&McDavid he played winger
reg: 68ga 45g+84a=129pts | po: 20 ga 10g+12a=22pts
Strome and McDavid weren't on the same even strength line that year

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Does Dylan Strome belong here? If he doesn't get his head into the,when he plays in the NHL
and if he doesn't improve his skating,..top 10 prospect?

Maybe his position isn't center,in the NHL that is.
- when he played with DeBrincat&McDavid he played winger
reg: 68ga 45g+84a=129pts | po: 20 ga 10g+12a=22pts
agreed. at thisbpoint Dylan st some should be well off this list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad