Middle of the summer rosterbation thread.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Unprompted, here are some opinions of mine...

Travis Sanheim is good.

Dave Hakstol is bad.

Sanheim MAY be good, last year he wasn't, this year???
Looking pretty in the neutral zone does not a star make.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sanheim MAY be good, last year he wasn't, this year???
Looking pretty in the neutral zone does not a star make.

gZUBcrK.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Please stop posting bs about players. He played pretty well but made mistakes not unlike every other defender. He was wicked unlucky. But on the whole he wasn’t bad!!!!!!!!!

Deadhead is right. Sanheim wasn’t “good” last season. He got better, which is encouraging, but he wasn’t “good” over the course of the season. He was a rookie who got incredibly sheltered usage and still only put up 10 points in 49 games & was on the ice for more goals against than for. He showed glimpses of his excellent athletic ability at times, but he wasn’t a “good” NHL defenseman. I do expect he’ll continue to progress toward that this season, however. I like him & am pulling for him.

Reactions: renberg

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Deadhead is right. Sanheim wasn’t “good” last season. He got better, which is encouraging, but he wasn’t “good” over the course of the season. He was a rookie who got incredibly sheltered usage and still only put up 10 points in 49 games & was on the ice for more goals against than for. He showed glimpses of his excellent athletic ability at times, but he wasn’t a “good” NHL defenseman. I do expect he’ll continue to progress toward that this season, however. I like him & am pulling for him.
Cool story.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
HockeyBuzz.com - Bill Meltzer - Reports: Couturier Reinjured Knee, Quick Hits

tenor.gif

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

tenor.gif

Bill Meltzer said:
Couturier was playing in the Boot Camp Tournament in Quebec City two weeks ago and reinjured his knee on a non-contact play, making a routine move on the ice.

Surgery was not required after the initial injury, nor it is expected to be necessary now according to the Journal dé Montreal report by journalist Jonathan Bernier. However, the typical recovery course of about six weeks leaves Couturier's status for the start of training camp and the preseason up in the air.

Not jump off the ledge stuff in late August with time to recover, but reinjuring the same knee on non-contact isn't inspiring stuff. Letting Filppula go could prove disastrous.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
We got the time for him but he wasnt anything like ghost and if thats what were waiting for it isnt gonna happen. Better get harder to play against because for a big guy the corners are owned by the opponent.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Someone refresh my memory, please.

The scuttlebutt from the league is expansion is likely going to occur in 2021 or 2022, correct?

If Frost makes the roster this year and the next expansion draft were held in 2021 he'd be exempt. But if it were held in 2022, Frost would have to be protected. Do I have this correct?

Because if the Flyers discerned that expansion actually had a legitimate chance to happen in 2022 the roster decision regarding Frost for this season seems pretty clear. In all likelihood, you do what's best for the long run and send him back to SSM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad