mid-week double header

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at the schedule for the remainder of the season, I noticed that there were a few days that had only a couple of games (108 has 3, 109 has 2 and 117 has 2). I figured they would be the perfect time to slip in another double header to buy us an extra day in this race with the real life NHL scehdule.

Day 117 can be merged with 116 to make that a double header. San jose and Colorado will play both game days, but they play each other both times so it's not like one gets a drastic edge over the other.

Unfortunately there are 3 teams that are likely to suffer from this on days 108 and 109 (CBJ, VAN & COL) but nothing is ever perfect, and there is the option of doing something like merging 107 and 108, 108 and 109, or 109 and 110, however, this will affect a few different teams (eg. ANA on day 107 and 108 etc).

I'd like to hear from everyone, partiularly those potentially negatively affected by this to see which days they would prefer to do the double header on, so that there is no confusion and displeasure (or as little as possible) at the choice made.

It's not exactly ideal to have so many double headers, but right now, there isn't really another way we can get everything done in time. Unless someone can convince Gary Bettman to stop the Stanly Cup Finals for a week to allow our all important FHL to get its season completed on time! :joker:

Thanks!

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Dryden said:
I like the idea a lot. Although I'm sure Doug won't since it might affect him.

No worries - I'll have specific goalies in mind for certain games, Josh, but I'll leave instructions about that in my files. Beyond that, let the fates favour whom they choose.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
From a sheer numbers standpoint, it makes sense to merge 108 & 109 and 116 & 117. If we need to squeeze in 3 doubleheaders, it makes sense to merge 107 & 108, 109 & 110, and 116 & 117.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I'm ok with double headers for my Colorado..

Huselius had a 2 goal game, so now he "only" needs to keep it up and score 4 goals in the last 5 games of the season.. C'mon "Husse" you can do it!!!

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'm fine with my Canucks playing a double-header. After my superb first half, I've had a rediculous second half plunge, so I have nothing to lose from this.

Thanks Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad