"Mid Summer" Sabres top prospect rankings poll #5

Who's the #5 Sabres prospect

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mid-summer-sabres-top-prospect-rankings-poll-2.2525389/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mid-summer-sabres-top-prospect-rankings-poll-3.2525393/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mid-summer-sabres-top-prospect-rankings-poll-4.2525443/
#4 ^

(Btw let me know if I forgot anyone! Thanks!)

1 - Rasmus Dahlin [unanimous]
2 - Casey Mittelstadt 10 votes (90.9%)
3 - Brendan Guhle 23 votes (67.6%)
4 - Alex Nylander 61 votes (41.8%) Runner up: Rasmus Asplund 37 votes (25.3%)
5 - ?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You know...I really like the depth in our system right now, as I'm looking at that list thinking about how I'd slot the next few guys after Asplund. Pilut, Olofsson, Ullmark, Samuelsson, Pekar, Davidsson, Thompson. We've got a decent pool of talent there.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
You know...I really like the depth in our system right now, as I'm looking at that list thinking about how I'd slot the next few guys after Asplund. Pilut, Olofsson, Ullmark, Samuelsson, Pekar, Davidsson, Thompson. We've got a decent pool of talent there.
Pretty universally the best farm in the league, from what I've been reading lately.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Pretty crazy to decide between

Asplund
Olofsson
Thompson
Samuelsson
UPL
Ullmark

Thats the top 5-11 any way you look at it. Please don't trade any of them.

Reactions: Mitts888

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
images

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Pretty universally the best farm in the league, from what I've been reading lately.

Only until the day the season starts. Then the top two or three players on the list are immediately removed, and so is Thompson.

That’s potentially 4 players off the list the day the season starts. Then we’re just a promising young team who still can’t make the playoffs, with an average prospect pool.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Only until the day the season starts. Then the top two or three players on the list are immediately removed, and so is Thompson.

That’s potentially 4 players off the list the day the season starts. Then we’re just a promising young team who still can’t make the playoffs, with an average prospect pool.

Oh my lord, wallow much?

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012

Ok but what team has an endless pipeline of elite talent? Dahlin and Mitts are tremendous and the depth behind them is really nice right now.

I for one am not going to care about our farm system ranking when Dahlin and Mittlestadt are dummying guys in the NHL for all of us to witness.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Oh my lord, wallow much?

Off season prospect pool rankings are silly over the off season. The oilers technically had the best prospect pool in the whole league for one summer, even though their best “prospect” never played a game on another team after being drafted.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Is Ulmark really considered a prospect anymore? I would say with a planned 25-30 games this year he has graduated.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is Ulmark really considered a prospect anymore? I would say with a planned 25-30 games this year he has graduated.

The metric used to decide whether a player is a prospect or not is usually NHL games played.

Today, Ullmark only has 26 NHL games played and that is why he is still a prospect.

Using your logic, Dahlin and Mitts should be off the list, too.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The metric used to decide whether a player is a prospect or not is usually NHL games played.

Today, Ullmark only has 26 NHL games played and that is why he is still a prospect.

Using your logic, Dahlin and Mitts should be off the list, too.

Or age IIRC

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

So, it'll take until about February, as I believe 60 games is the cutoff for skaters, 30 for goalies, or so.ething like that. I expect Mittelstadt, Dahlin and Ullmark to definitely graduate. Guhle and Thompson are both good candidates too. And then maybe 1 of Nylander, Asplund, Olofsson, Smith, Oglevie, Pilut. So that would deplete the pool a bit.
However, rankings are relative to everyone else in the league whose prospects will be graduating too.
Also, many of the lesser prospects in our pool will be developing. For instance, last night Oskati Laaksonen played top pairing minutes in the Liga exhibition, and based on the summer showcase, he'll probably play the top pair in the WJC. If he lights one or both of those up, he takes a place in the top 10 or even 5. Last year at this time, none of us had Olofsson top 5, few had him top 10.
And then....
3 1sts next year.

All of this is to say that we not only have the best prospect pool because of the top guys, but we have great depth, and we also have reinforcements on the way.

LetsDoughBuffalo

Apr 4, 2014
Given the criteria/options here - these would be my initial tiers without putting too much thought into it:

1. Dahlin
2. Mittlestadt

3. Nylander
4. Guhle
5. Thompson
6. Asplund

7. Pilut
8. Ullmark

9. Olofsson
10. Smith

11. Borgen
12. Davidsson

13. Baptiste
14. Samuelsson
15. Luukkonen

The real strong suit in our system is the crazy depth. I stopped at 15 but I think guys like Bailey, Oglevie, Malone, Pekar, O'Regan, Weissbach, Laaksonen, Hickey, Fitzgerald, & Bryson are all at least notable too.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
So, Oglevie, Smith, O'Reagan, Nelson, Malone, Baptiste, Olofsson, and Bailey shouldn't be in the poll either?

It's worth a discussion. I think the Sabres know more about what they are than what they aren't. Either way, i'm fine with haggling over the exact cutoff; don't misjudge my suggestion as etched in stone.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It's worth a discussion. I think the Sabres know more about what they are than what they aren't. Either way, i'm fine with haggling over the exact cutoff; don't misjudge my suggestion as etched in stone.

I was just pointing out that your formula might be a little tight with that < 23 number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad