Mid season evaluation for each player

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Capitals are now past the halfway mark of the season at 42 games played.

How do you feel each player has performed?

Great: Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Sheary, Fehervary, Orlov, Jensen,
Good: Van Riemsdyk, Backstrom, Protas, Leason, Hathaway, Carlson
Meh: Eller, Oshie, McMichael, Dowd, Mantha
Bad: Sprong, Hagelin, Samsonov, Schultz, Vanecek

To me, it looks like we're held back by poor goaltending, and the fact that the guys who contribute the most to victory are often the same every night.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Would move Schultz to good or meh. He’s been much better than last year even if the points haven’t followed suit. Would also move Sprong to meh. He’s been better by almost every metric this year, just hasn’t been able to finish. If he had the same sh% as last year, he’d be at over a 30 goal pace. He’s shooting and creating more, the puck just isn’t going in.

Would move TVR down to meh as well. I thought he started really strong but has slowed down as of late. Still a good #6 but compared to his play at the start of the year, I think he’s taken a step back.

Would like to see a little more jump from Eller too. He’s been so damn good these past few years. Haven’t seen that same puck protection or energy from him this year. Could help him being back in that 3C role and having more stable linemates.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
MVP - Ovechkin
LVP - Hagelin
Incomplete/need more ice time - Backstrom, Oshie, McMichael, Mantha, Sprong, Kempny, AJF
Please fire already - Murray, Forsythe
Glad we didn't trade or give to Seattle - Kuznetsov, Jensen
Dramatically overpaid but better than the options beneath him on the depth chart - Schultz
Please no more - Cholowski, Irwin
Pleasant Surprise - Protas
Well, at least they're cheap - Vanecek
I wish they were still cheap - Samsonov
A breath of fresh air - Fehervary, vanRiemsdyk
This is the longest two game suspensions ever, come home Dima - Orlov
Why haven't they been called up yet? - Gersich
Sometimes maybe good, Sometimes maybe shit - Wilson, Carlson, Hathaway, Eller
Also on the hockey team - Dowd, Leason, Sheary
When will I see you again? - Snively, Malenstyn

Last edited:

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Who was it who collated a report?

If no one else fancies it happy to put together a Google form.

Was also thinking of doing a HF Boards generated lineup - each player having a drop-down menu to show the position you'd be icing them in, meaning we could average them out to find top voted 2LW, 3RW etc etc.

Lmk if people are interested in either/both (sorry @Alexander the Gr8 don't mean to highjack the thread)

Reactions: PlushMinus

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Who was it who collated a report?

If no one else fancies it happy to put together a Google form.

Was also thinking of doing a HF Boards generated lineup - each player having a drop-down menu to show the position you'd be icing them in, meaning we could average them out to find top voted 2LW, 3RW etc etc.

Lmk if people are interested in either/both (sorry @Alexander the Gr8 don't mean to highjack the thread)

No that’s totally fine, if you have a better way to make it easy to evaluate players then I’m all for it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad