Mid 1st Round Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticker

Jun 29, 2004
This may be a tough question to answer but I am just trying to get some feedback. I am in a sim league and we have our draft coming soon. I'll be picking at about 16 or 17 and was wondering what players would be good to look at in that area. I am in need of a forward. I have some good young forwards but could really use some more depth in my prospect department. Any suggestions on players I should start scouting. Any information you could provide on the player (links) would be appreciated as well. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
sticker said:
Any suggestions on players I should start scouting.

Your too late, as a good GM of a sim fantasy league you shoulda been doing this all year, I mean the under 18 world championships were JUST on displaying half of these players. You cant scout them now, its all reading now. Seasons are over except for the few players that might make an appearnce in the mem cup with Ott, Lon, Rim or Brn/Kel.

sticker

Jun 29, 2004
Eb0la11 said:
Your too late, as a good GM of a sim fantasy league you shoulda been doing this all year, I mean the under 18 world championships were JUST on displaying half of these players. You cant scout them now, its all reading now. Seasons are over except for the few players that might make an appearnce in the mem cup with Ott, Lon, Rim or Brn/Kel.

Thanks for jumping to some conclusions there. I have been scouting all year. Even in the U.S where there is not as much coverage of the juniors and tournaments, I have watched. I taped every game of NCAA Frozen Four and have been watching. Any other games that have been on tv I've watched. I've also talked to friends and done tons of reading. I already have some names in mind, I just like to get some feedback from others to see if I'm in the right ballpark. So far the names that have been mentioned are ones that I'm looking at and there are a few others I have my eye on. I think I'm a damn good GM too considering I took over a team in the middle of last year that finished as the second worst team and this year I made the playoffs. I had the highest point increase of any team (+29) so I must be doing something right.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kenndal Mcardle, Ryan Stoa, Alex Bourret, Guillaume Latendresse and maybe Andrew Cogliano. Are the only forwards I'd take over Ryan Parent who you should have a good shot at getting judging by most mock drafts I've seen.

I'd recommend that you consider Nicholas Drazenovic or Patrick Davis in the 2nd and Matt D'Agostini or Steve Downie in the third or fourth. Drazenovic is the only one with top 6 potential and the other three project as safe third liners.

p.s. Dustin Kohn is a very underated Defenseman around here IMO but you said you weren't looking for D.

p.s.s. 29 points lacker. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad