Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Did anyone snag any BF/CM deals?

I got AC: Oddysey for $20. I found Borderlands 3 for $10 at Best Buy but held off for now (could see it on Gamepass soon). I’m also still debating some games in the $30-$40 range, but might stick to playing Oddysey, Mafia 2 and Halo Reach for now.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I should be getting my Series X around Christmas, as a first time Xbox owner what do you guys suggest I give a try. I do plan on getting Gamepass.
Definitely Forza, and if you are interested in checking out last gen, Sunset Overdrive is an absolute gem. Really loved Quantum Break too.

Sounds like Control is coming to Game Pass this month. Remedy is my favorite developer but I held off on playing that because of my base Xbox One and PS4 and the issues I heard. Good time to jump in I guess.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Been trying to get either of the PS5 or Series X since the launches, finally snagged a series X today from Best Buy, should be ready for pickup Monday, and I am conveniently on vacation next week. Good timing

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Xbox Christmas sale started already

Valhalla, Fenyx are on sale. Tons of bundle deals, including some huge sales on older games.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So have they made any tweaks to the UI on the Series X at all? I’m still not a fan of what they did with the X1. There’s so much on the screens and the QoL interactions: party invites, friends, game invites, etc...is a convoluted process at times.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So have they made any tweaks to the UI on the Series X at all? I’m still not a fan of what they did with the X1. There’s so much on the screens and the QoL interactions: party invites, friends, game invites, etc...is a convoluted process at times.

Repeating myself: you can freely customize the dashboard and guide button window to your liking. You can put anything you want there and where you want it. It's the same on all systems.

Reactions: GreytWun

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Repeating myself: you can freely customize the dashboard and guide button window to your liking. You can put anything you want there and where you want it. It's the same on all systems.

thank you for repeating yourself.

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario

Agreed. When I got my Series X I took 15 minutes and setup for quick access apps and icons. I don’t even go searching for anything else now.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Microsoft is increasing the price of Xbox Live Gold

I don't pay for gold since I'm on game pass but like...what the hell are they thinking with this?

There's gotta be a better way to convince people to switch other than bending them over a table.
The same day they announce Halo online is "free to play".

Btw, I actually talked about this, it might have even been this thread, that the conversion loophole would eventually be closed. The laugh emojis flowed.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Microsoft is increasing the price of Xbox Live Gold

I don't pay for gold since I'm on game pass but like...what the hell are they thinking with this?

There's gotta be a better way to convince people to switch other than bending them over a table.

Thought it was supposed to be going free at some point?

Yikes, it's ridiculous to have to pay just to play the games you bought online. Hell, you still have to look at ads on the dashboard of the console you payed for even when you pay $120 a year to play your games that you bought online.

Also a dick move to do this right after you've sold millions of units of your new console.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Lol, I just remembered they announced Halo was free-to-play like a year and a half ago. They must have been getting serious backlash to deliver the "good news" again, lol. Their carefully crafted "gaming is for everyone" campaign was in danger.

The F2P games not needing a subscription is great news. Funnily there was an entire thread of people saying it wasn't possible and Microsoft needed to pay for servers.

People forget that netlix and Hulu used to be locked behind Xbox live Gold.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->