Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Has anyone tried the $1 upgrade from gold to game pass ultimate recently? I bought 12 months to upgrade last year and its almost up. From what I understand you can do it again, but your ultimate subscription has to be completely expired or else there is a conversion chart they use where you only get ~1/3 the time you convert.

Just wondering if anyone has had success doing it a second time. I read that you can't do it for $1 again, but its still just the cost of 1 month of ultimate, so its still worth it. I think I might stack 2 or 3 years this time if it still works.

I have a friend who just recently did it. But I guess there's a 2 year limit now. Mine expires at the end of March and I'm looking to get 12 months of Gold cheap before that.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Has anyone tried the $1 upgrade from gold to game pass ultimate recently? I bought 12 months to upgrade last year and its almost up. From what I understand you can do it again, but your ultimate subscription has to be completely expired or else there is a conversion chart they use where you only get ~1/3 the time you convert.

Just wondering if anyone has had success doing it a second time. I read that you can't do it for $1 again, but its still just the cost of 1 month of ultimate, so its still worth it. I think I might stack 2 or 3 years this time if it still works.

Yup - still works. I stacked two years about a month ago.

You’re right about everything. I redeemed an old 3 months of Xbox Live coupon I found and it gave me 1 month of Ultimate. And since I had done a stack before (not that long of one), I had to pay $15 instead of $1.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Just bought a LG OLED55BX 55" 4K UHD Smart OLED TV, Black for $1799... for whenever I can get my hands on a series x

I know this isn't the thread for TV's but I did buy it solely for my Xbox. Thoughts? It'll be good for 4k 120z since it has two 2.1 ports apparently..

Good deal or did i get BONED

Plus my first OLED tv, I've heard they're saweeet

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Just bought a LG OLED55BX 55" 4K UHD Smart OLED TV, Black for $1799... for whenever I can get my hands on a series x

I know this isn't the thread for TV's but I did buy it solely for my Xbox. Thoughts? It'll be good for 4k 120z since it has two 2.1 ports apparently..

Good deal or did i get BONED

Plus my first OLED tv, I've heard they're saweeet
I actually just bought a 55" CX.

Debated BX vs. CX for quite a while, ended up spending up for the CX since it was already a hefty price tag. Either way the BX looks like it will be a great TV still. The CX is on back order in Canada so haven't got it yet, also my first OLED experience, very excited!

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So annoying and I would probably pass. Paying an extra $200 for stuff I don't want.
I’ve heard rumors that some GameStops are allowing returns for the physical items. I haven’t confirmed it myself but not terrible if you can.

Although that bundle I posted was all digital.

I still stand by bundles being a racket.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I think it may have been talked about before but I have a question about upgrading Xbox Live Gold to Gamepass Ultimate for $1. Is Xbox still offering that? How many months of Gold can I upgrade? And is it $1 per month that I upgrade?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I picked up a 32in. Samsung Odyssey G7 this week for $200 off.

doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 but does support 1440 at 120hz .. set it up last night with my Series X and I’m in love :heart:

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I probably missed the info, but what's the deal with Xbox live? I was looking for some Gold deals tomorrow on Black Friday and I cannot seem to find any.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Thanks, when I was searching all I kept finding was the Ultimate Gamepass. Seems Xbox Live has no deals this BF.

Live Gold seems to be going out. It's been rumored but nothing official. I plan on buying 12 months now/soon and using the 1 euro offer myself when my Ultimate runs out in March. No good deals on Ultimate Game Pass... A year ago a Finnish site was selling 6 months of Ultimate Game Pass for 30 euros but they only had two and they went quickly.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Am I missing something or is this a racket?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...k-ops-cold-war-cross-gen-bundle/11108992.html

https://www.gamestop.com/video-game...ty-black-ops-cold-war/11103151.html?rrec=true

Doesn't the normal Xbox One version come with the Series X version anyway with Smart Delivery/it says it right on the box anyway?

$59.99 for the Xbox One / Series X disc.
$69.99 for the "Cross-Gen Bundle"

Activision actually put most of the new features you can take advantage of on the Series X behind a paywall in the Xbox One version. Cold War (X1) will play on the Series X through Smart Delivery, in the same way Modern Warfare (2019) will. However, you won't get the top notch graphics, you'll get capped FPS and load times.

And, as if the names aren't confusing people enough (Series X vs One X), in-person packaging looks almost identical. You have to read pretty carefully if you're wanting the right edition.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
I actually just bought a 55" CX.

Debated BX vs. CX for quite a while, ended up spending up for the CX since it was already a hefty price tag. Either way the BX looks like it will be a great TV still. The CX is on back order in Canada so haven't got it yet, also my first OLED experience, very excited!

I did lots of research on OLEDS last year and ended up getting a C9 for my dad. It’s fantastic and I tried my PS4 Pro with FF VII on it. Stunning. Stuff with a lot of dark colors and blacks on the screens really benefits from OLED. From what I read the picture basically doesn’t get any better after the C series, and the hardware on C is great. Everything is snappy and quick.

On the subject of Xbox, I see that the Halo Master Chief collection is on sale right now, both in Microsoft store and Steam. Anyone have an opinion on which would be better to go for? Does Microsoft store let you play on Xbox and PC or just Xbox?

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I did lots of research on OLEDS last year and ended up getting a C9 for my dad. It’s fantastic and I tried my PS4 Pro with FF VII on it. Stunning. Stuff with a lot of dark colors and blacks on the screens really benefits from OLED. From what I read the picture basically doesn’t get any better after the C series, and the hardware on C is great. Everything is snappy and quick.

On the subject of Xbox, I see that the Halo Master Chief collection is on sale right now, both in Microsoft store and Steam. Anyone have an opinion on which would be better to go for? Does Microsoft store let you play on Xbox and PC or just Xbox?

If you have Game Pass you won't have to buy it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I should be getting my Series X around Christmas, as a first time Xbox owner what do you guys suggest I give a try. I do plan on getting Gamepass.

Jul 7, 2009
Got a question regarding external hard drives. I have a seagate 2tb that i used with my ps4, but have since made the switch to the series x. Am i able to use the seagate on the series x?

I know it would have to be re formatted, but just want to be sure it won't mess anything up.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Got a question regarding external hard drives. I have a seagate 2tb that i used with my ps4, but have since made the switch to the series x. Am i able to use the seagate on the series x?

I know it would have to be re formatted, but just want to be sure it won't mess anything up.

Yes but you have to format the drive with NTFS now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad