Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I really just wish the controller was bigger... my hands engulf it now.

Enjoying the Series X, but I’d be lying if I wasn’t jealous of the new UI that Sony refined for the PS5...

Not sure why because you can customize your dashboard on Xbox to look/contain exactly like/what you want.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I hope they don't change the controller too much if ever. For me its by far the most comfortable controller.

Absolutely! I really liked the One controller...however, it felt a little cheap at times. The Series X controller is perfect with the grip, the triggers/bumpers, the D-pad. My Elite controller is collecting dust right now.

Not sure why because you can customize your dashboard on Xbox to look/contain exactly like/what you want.

Agreed 100%. I bought the PS4 on launch day, and when I made the switch to Xbox in 2016, I was blown away by how much better Xbox's UI is. Since then, it's only gotten better and more customizable.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Agreed 100%. I bought the PS4 on launch day, and when I made the switch to Xbox in 2016, I was blown away by how much better Xbox's UI is. Since then, it's only gotten better and more customizable.

And I didn't discover the customization feature until the very end of my One X usage. It's ridiculously easy to put everything you want on the dashboard by just scrolling down. I put all of my entertainment apps under one menu.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Be careful. Every couple of missions, try quitting to the main menu. If your game doesn't quit to the main menu, then your game is not getting saved.
Well I just had to replay the end of one mission I already finished. Finished the next mission and immediately went to the safehouse, hoping that stops it from happening again.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So, um, Microsoft Store released two rounds of Series X and S today. The first round of Series X I got hung up on my payment information even though it was correct, this happened to pretty much everyone. The second round I got passed that step but got the error every time when I placed my order.

I intermittently have spent the last two plus hours hitting "place my order" for shits and gigs and about five minutes ago it just went through.

So, I guess the morale of this story is to not give up and just kinda keep spamming it and maybe you'll get lucky.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So, um, Microsoft Store released two rounds of Series X and S today. The first round of Series X I got hung up on my payment information even though it was correct, this happened to pretty much everyone. The second round I got passed that step but got the error every time when I placed my order.

I intermittently have spent the last two plus hours hitting "place my order" for shits and gigs and about five minutes ago it just went through.

So, I guess the morale of this story is to not give up and just kinda keep spamming it and maybe you'll get lucky.

I remember the first pre-order date for the new consoles, Microsoft was pretty bad. Cannot find address, billing info, can’t ship to that country, etc.

After about an hour of trying all the websites, I tried The Source and it went through super smooth. Console arrived launch day morning.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I remember the first pre-order date for the new consoles, Microsoft was pretty bad. Cannot find address, billing info, can’t ship to that country, etc.

After about an hour of trying all the websites, I tried The Source and it went through super smooth. Console arrived launch day morning.
I left out the part that it was sold out two hours prior it just let me keep it in my cart and be able to still do the place my order screen and I had nothing else to do so I kept clicking. It never showed up as back in stock or anything.

Every website has been brutal so far for launch. Walmart is going to be hilarious today with Xbox and PS launching at same time. They couldn’t even handle traffic when it was separate.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I left out the part that it was sold out two hours prior it just let me keep it in my cart and be able to still do the place my order screen and I had nothing else to do so I kept clicking. It never showed up as back in stock or anything.

Every website has been brutal so far for launch. Walmart is going to be hilarious today with Xbox and PS launching at same time. They couldn’t even handle traffic when it was separate.

I tried to get a Series X and was on there at 2, added one to cart but could not check out. The site kept crashing and then after 50 refreshes to get it closed out it and eventually it said it was out of stock. What a joke! Once it was added to cart I should have been able to check out or it should have been saved in there. Just a ruse to drive traffic to their site, they probably had a minimal amount of each.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I tried to get a Series X and was on there at 2, added one to cart but could not check out. The site kept crashing and then after 50 refreshes to get it closed out it and eventually it said it was out of stock. What a joke! Once it was added to cart I should have been able to check out or it should have been saved in there. Just a ruse to drive traffic to their site, they probably had a minimal amount of each.

That's happened with every single drop regardless of website. It's just how it's gone. You just need to keep clicking and going back if you have to. I know this doesn't really help much but it's possible. One step at a time is the key to the game. You'll get hung up on one page keep clicking and hopefully move to the next get hung up on something there etc.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
That's happened with every single drop regardless of website. It's just how it's gone. You just need to keep clicking and going back if you have to. I know this doesn't really help much but it's possible. One step at a time is the key to the game. You'll get hung up on one page keep clicking and hopefully move to the next get hung up on something there etc.

I also think you need to sign in prior because it asked me to at one point and I got hung up there. Need to remove that step from the process.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I also think you need to sign in prior because it asked me to at one point and I got hung up there. Need to remove that step from the process.
Yep, I am always sure that i'm already logged in going into these things. Having to go one extra step is the difference between getting one and not.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Walmart is still selling the 1x refurbished for $399.00... like why would you.

upload_2020-11-20_8-31-28.png

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I was playing Cold War and was noticing some lag, which seemed more like performance lag than internet lag. During a gunfight my screen froze, my controller kept vibrating, and my console powered off. I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

I also get occasional FPS drops on the Satellite map when it gets intense.

I got one ordered off EBgames today!!! Hopefully it ships!

I recommend calling your local EB Games about their waiting list. My roommate called on launch day, got added to the waiting list, and got a call to pick up his console a few days ago.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I was playing Cold War and was noticing some lag, which seemed more like performance lag than internet lag. During a gunfight my screen froze, my controller kept vibrating, and my console powered off. I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

I also get occasional FPS drops on the Satellite map when it gets intense.

I recommend calling your local EB Games about their waiting list. My roommate called on launch day, got added to the waiting list, and got a call to pick up his console a few days ago.

I feel like Black Ops is always glitchy compared to the other installments. Especially Treyarch

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Has anyone tried the $1 upgrade from gold to game pass ultimate recently? I bought 12 months to upgrade last year and its almost up. From what I understand you can do it again, but your ultimate subscription has to be completely expired or else there is a conversion chart they use where you only get ~1/3 the time you convert.

Just wondering if anyone has had success doing it a second time. I read that you can't do it for $1 again, but its still just the cost of 1 month of ultimate, so its still worth it. I think I might stack 2 or 3 years this time if it still works.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad