Microsoft Xbox Discussion Part II

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Outriders is similar. If you focus in on the mechanics, it's actually a great shooter. It's just that everything wrapped around those core mechanics is boring and eye-roll worthy.

I got bored with it as the levels were pretty much the same. zzzzzzz

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I said this on Reddit but I have to be honest when a game is a day 1 gamepass title that screams to me "mediocre". Outriders and mechwarrior and other games have soured me on it. And I love gamepass don't get me wrong.

I've played about half of Yakuza like a dragon. It's actually my first Yakuza games. My main criticism is that it's too long and the fact that there's horrible PS2 looking JRPG dungeon corridor levels with like 50 mandatory battles. There's undeniably filler in this game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Except Like A Dragon is considered by fans to be one of the best games in the series

The only thing mediocre here is the opinions i've seen you spew over this last week.

Reactions: robertmac43

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Except Like A Dragon is considered by fans to be one of the best games in the series

The only thing mediocre here is the opinions i've seen you spew over this last week.
Well just to expand on this, I reviewed this game a while ago and said the same thing, I havent played the other games (I have played a bit of judgment and fist of the north star which I liked) but this game references dragon quest heavily and I can't help but compare it considering the combat is a pure turn based JRPG. I'm replaying dragon quest and there are no mandatory battles other than bosses. You can run directly to every boss and the new versions allow you to increase the battle speed.

That's my main problem with this game that forced me to put it down. The dungeons just force you into too many unavoidable encounters and they're super low quality visually (though that's a secondary criticism I realize the sales can't justify super high level visuals)

As for the story, it's a bit stretched out for me, this is a game that's good in small doses, one chapter at a time, it's more 24 episode tv drama than 90 minute movie.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Based off the rumors, it looks like E3 could be be very lackluster for Microsoft. It's pretty much everything we already know games wise, whatever games are being thrown onto Game Pass and 2 unannounced future games. With that said, with all the studio purchases (and 3 more they have bought as well) it appears we won't be seeing the fruits of that labor for a handful of years still. Just like previous years there is not much happening. Yet.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Dragon Quest on Series S is good, but I'm 90% sure it's running in One S mode and the clock is glitched. It keeps running in rest mode so I'm at 100 hours played not even 1/3rd of the way through.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Do not buy or download the next gen upgrade for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - The upgrade looks like a graphical steaming pile of crap. Yet another of a long line of products pushed out the door way too early by EA.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I hate to keep complaining about this but they really need to implement an xcloud button on every gamepass game. PSNow, despite the massively worse library, is my go-to when I have people over just because I can immediately turn on and stream any game on there. It is just a complete gamechanger for having guests. If gamepass added a streaming button there would be no competition.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
By all accounts Dungeons and Dragons is terrible. D&D, Mechwarriors, Outriders, even first party Crackdown 3 + Battletoads at this point has there been a really good game to be a day 1 gamepass title? It feels like theres a secondary industry developing around making bad games and marketing it as a day 1 gamepass title. Im actually worried about Sable now I was blown away by the trailer but now Im wondering. Although I realize Outriders has its fans (and I even liked Crackdown 3 lol)

Its interesting that Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is a streaming title now. Id love for all the 360 BC titles to be cross-platform streaming.

On another note, for any Gamepass PC users Prodeus is must play it is way too good my goodness.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad