Microsoft Xbox Discussion - It is my nature

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Halo 5 is already on game-pass... So if you had it you could play it. And then play 6 when it comes out.

Oh god no! Don't jinx it please!

When 6 is out 5 will be pretty much dead at least enough for me to not play

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
When 6 is out 5 will be pretty much dead at least enough for me to not play
I don't know... Halo games usually stick around for a while even after the new ones come out because people sometimes take a while to transfer over. But I get what you are saying. Lots of people still play 5 right now.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Does Game Pass have some sort of family plan?

I pretty much skipped Xbox One completely, wouldn't mind scooping up an Xbox One X and Xbox One S and doing some local coop with the wife. Lot of old games I wouldn't mind playing.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Does Game Pass have some sort of family plan?

I pretty much skipped Xbox One completely, wouldn't mind scooping up an Xbox One X and Xbox One S and doing some local coop with the wife. Lot of old games I wouldn't mind playing.
Yes you can share gold on your home console. Just set a console as "home" and any account on there can share the gold benefits.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One
Overview
Here’s how Xbox Live Gold subscribers can extend their Gold subscription benefits to multiplayer gaming, Game DVR, and Smart Match.
  • At home: Set up your Xbox One console at home so that anyone who uses it can enjoy multiplayer gaming, even if you’re not home or signed in to the console. Simply designate your Xbox One console as your home Xbox. See How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox to find out how.
  • On the go: Sign in at a friend’s house, where everyone can enjoy multiplayer gaming while you’re signed in.

Reactions: Easy E

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I’ve wanted to play halo 5 multiplayer but I never will. So I’ll probably use it for 6
The game mechanics are quite smooth for the most part and the forge they designed for Halo 5 is a piece of art. But then the map-making and constant sprint ability just killed the game for me. There are at least five maps (so good chunk of the MP) where people will just run around like ****s and melee any person they see because everyone will constantly be down to zero shields. Zero skill needed, similar to aspects of Destiny 1.

Then add in they completely ****ed up BTB because of those wonderful micro-transactions in Warzone, then to have Warzone become a complete flop, leading to 343 forging custom BTB maps, which tended to be just trash. For the record I am not saying that Big-Team-Battle makes Halo go from an average game to a great game. However, designing every single map to be a close quarter piece of trash is everything against the community. When I grew up with Halo as a big part of my life, I loved playing team snipers on Headlong, one-bomb on Halo 3 Zanzibar, or CTF on the Halo 4 version of Ragnarok. A majority of Halo 5 maps are just double-level closed-off spaces which feel claustrophobic instead of open. Honestly, only good for weird games of oddball and not those instant classics of oddball you found yourself on in Lockout or Guardian.

That and my friend had constant issues with Halo 5 "dedicated serves", which made him lose connection to almost every 4th game we played.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Hmmm.... without Xbox One prices so low (excluding the X).... I was thinking about picking up two used ones to play local multiplayer with my SO.

Is it worth picking up Xbox One S or original Xbox One?

I do have two 4K HDR TVs but $1,000 dollars on two consoles aren't in the cards right now.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Is it worth picking up Xbox One S or original Xbox One?

XB1S by far, grab the lower end $200 or $250 ones. Smaller, more powerful and supports 4K.

I use my 65" for local co-op and it works well. No need for two.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
XB1S by far, grab the lower end $200 or $250 ones. Smaller, more powerful and supports 4K.

I use my 65" for local co-op and it works well. No need for two.

You can do local co-op, but not all games do local coop, some do local online which requires two boxes, yah? ie Destiny

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The One S will actually make use of your TV's HDR capabilities, and will allow you to use 4K blu-rays if you're into that sort of thing. They also claim to have better 4K upscaling, although I find I don't notice the difference between that and the upscaling my TV does by itself (at least not at couch distance). HDR is the big difference IMO. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however.

If that's worth the extra bucks for you, I'd say go for it. If not, save yourself a few bucks and pick up a couple Ones.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If I purchase movies/shows on my Xbox can I access them on PC as well?

I may be switching to Playstation soon, I dont want to invest any money into these things if I wont be able to access them through anything except an Xbox.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm still trying desperately to justify buying the One X. I even have the cash set aside from selling off other consoles and tech equipment.

Unfortunately, the only reason I have right now is that I want the newest tech. Normally, this is justification enough, so I expect to have one soon. :laugh:

My friend wants to play Monster Hunter together, but I've heard the performance gains aren't much for that game...

I'm not sure any of the games I want to play on Game Pass will benefit from the One X either, since they are

I may be switching to Playstation soon, I dont want to invest any money into these things if I wont be able to access them through anything except an Xbox.

Yes, I believe you can watch them through the Zune app on your PC.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Unfortunately, the only reason I have right now is that I want the newest tech. Normally, this is justification enough, so I expect to have one soon. :laugh:

I honestly don't think it's justification enough with the XB1X. But that's after getting it and realizing the 'new tech' feeling is all under the hood and not immediately apparent unless you do side by side comparisons with the 1S.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I honestly don't think it's justification enough with the XB1X. But that's after getting it and realizing the 'new tech' feeling is all under the hood and not immediately apparent unless you do side by side comparisons with the 1S.

You're probably right, and it's that nagging thought that keeps me from pulling the trigger.

To me, the biggest thing isn't the 4K (I find my TV upscales 1080p just fine) or the HDR (I don't even have it), but I'm the type of guy who will pay for or sacrifice graphics for a steady frame rate, ideally at or close to 60. I suffer from motion sickness with stuttering animations or low FOV, so I find that very important for the experience. Nothing ruins a gaming session like nausea.

From my limited research, it seems the One X might help with this, but not in all cases.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I'm still trying desperately to justify buying the One X. I even have the cash set aside from selling off other consoles and tech equipment.

My friend wants to play Monster Hunter together, but I've heard the performance gains aren't much for that game...

I'm not sure any of the games I want to play on Game Pass will benefit from the One X either, since they are

Yes, I believe you can watch them through the Zune app on your PC.
Lots of older games are One X enchanced too. This is usually just better loading times and framerate but its still fun. Oblivion plays great on the One X.

Also, Zune app!? ZUNE! Z-U-N-E!?!?!? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Microsoft Movies+TV is the app and its built into Windows 10. I actually purchase all my digital movies on Windows 10 or Xbox because I take my Surface with me when I travel so I always have a big library of movies and shows to watch.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Lots of older games are One X enchanced too. This is usually just better loading times and framerate but its still fun. Oblivion plays great on the One X.

Also, Zune app!? ZUNE! Z-U-N-E!?!?!? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Microsoft Movies+TV is the app and its built into Windows 10. I actually purchase all my digital movies on Windows 10 or Xbox because I take my Surface with me when I travel so I always have a big library of movies and shows to watch.

:laugh:

You know, that Microsoft app! I'm getting old apparently...

I don't know, I don't use it. I watch like one movie a year, a bit of TV through Netflix, and I get my music through Steam soundtracks . It was Zune at one point right? :laugh:

I noticed that Fable II is on Game Pass, and I'm getting the itch to play that again. Has anyone tried it? Are the load times still egregious? It was ridiculous on the 360 as I recall....

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
:laugh:

You know, that Microsoft app! I'm getting old apparently...

I don't know, I don't use it. I watch like one movie a year, a bit of TV through Netflix, and I get my music through Steam soundtracks . It was Zune at one point right? :laugh:

I noticed that Fable II is on Game Pass, and I'm getting the itch to play that again. Has anyone tried it? Are the load times still egregious? It was ridiculous on the 360 as I recall....
Yes it was Zune at one point haha. I had it. I had the Halo 3 or maybe it was Halo 2 edition Zune. It was cool. It had a "squircle" (square/circle touch pad). :laugh:

Ill check out Fable II if I remember later. I do have it ready to download in my library from when I bought it a while ago. Havent played it in years though.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Speaking of forgetting about subscriptions, I'm getting a $119 refund for paying for Groove music in December. Woops!

I also noticed that some original Xbox games are now backwards compatible. Most notably is KOTR in the store for $10.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Speaking of forgetting about subscriptions, I'm getting a $119 refund for paying for Groove music in December. Woops!

I also noticed that some original Xbox games are now backwards compatible. Most notably is KOTR in the store for $10.

Do Xbox disks work in Xbox 1? Or is it digital only? I still have my KOTOR 1 and 2 disks

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Do Xbox disks work in Xbox 1? Or is it digital only? I still have my KOTOR 1 and 2 disks

I believe they work on disc. I could be wrong but I don’t see why Microsoft would bring it back if most people would have to pay again.

I don’t think kotor 2 is backwards

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Pretty good deal. Are any of the older titles anything of note?

Shadow of Mordor
Gears of War 4
Titanfall 2
Quantum Break
Bulletstorm
Mass Effect Andromeda
Metal Gear Rising

Not quite sure what kinda haul it is.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Shadow of Mordor
Gears of War 4
Titanfall 2
Quantum Break
Bulletstorm
Mass Effect Andromeda
Metal Gear Rising

Not quite sure what kinda haul it is.

If you enjoy multiplayer gears 4 and titanfall 2 (don’t know what the population is on that one) is pretty good.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
If you enjoy multiplayer gears 4 and titanfall 2 (don’t know what the population is on that one) is pretty good.

Definitely keeping gears for a couch coop. I'll barely sell all of them .

I don't really have time for MHW just yet. I might sell it and buy it back down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->