Mick Jagger's Going To Be A Dad Again

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from etcanada.com:

gettyimages-519135784.jpg

Is Mick Jagger going to be a father again at the ripe old age of 72?

That’s the report coming from British tabloid The Sun, which claims the long-in-the-tooth Rolling Stones front man and his rumoured girlfriend, 29-year-old ballerina Melanie Hamrick, are expecting a baby.

A source close to Hamrick said the couple are “surprised and happy†at the expectation of the pitter-patter of little Jagger feet. “This is great news,†adds the source. “It will be Mick’s eighth child and nothing fazes him. He’s been incredibly supportive.â€

According to The Sun, a spokesperson has confirmed the news.

“She’s very bright, intelligent, sparky and has her own ideas about how she wants to lead her life. She knows what a great relationship Mick has with all of his children and can’t wait for him to be a dad again,†claims the source. “They are taking the news in their stride.â€

The news comes less than two months after Jagger’s Stones band-mate Ronnie Wood, 68, welcomed twins with wife Sally, 38.

Despite the impending arrival, however, The Sun reports there are no plans for the couple to wed — or even live together, for that matter.

“Melanie will not live in London with Mick,†reports The Sun, “and is instead expected to end her career in ballet to move to either Los Angeles or head hom to *Connecticut to be near her family.â€

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
“She’s very bright, intelligent, sparky and has her own ideas about how she wants to lead her life.â€

Translation: She now knows that she's set for life.

member 51464

Maybe it isn't even his kid and she just got knocked up by someone else but still gets this fortuitous unfolding of events.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Maybe it isn't even his kid and she just got knocked up by someone else but still gets this fortuitous unfolding of events.
For an announcement to be made, I suspect paternity issues would have already been sorted out by now. If Ronnie can have twins at 68, it's not that much of a stretch to think that Mick could become a father at 72. I guess in multiple ways the Stones just don't know when to quit.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
For an announcement to be made, I suspect paternity issues would have already been sorted out by now. If Ronnie can have twins at 68, it's not that much of a stretch to think that Mick could become a father at 72. I guess in multiple ways the Stones just don't know when to quit.

You can say that again.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

Charlie Chaplin had a child at age 77.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010

“It will be Mick’s eighth child and nothing fazes him. He’s been incredibly supportive.â€

I imagine that number would be quite a lot higher if he got in touch with some of the band's old groupies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->