OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Went to grab a quick drink last night with the lady (we live near Tampa) and I saw a guy wearing a Michigan State t-shirt. Proudly I said "Go Green!". He looked at me confused and said "Go Green Bay?". I exclaimed "your shirt, Go White!" He looks at me and states "Oh I don't know, it's just a shirt".

I don't think I've ever been that hurt in my life.

Last edited:

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Went to grab a quick drink last night with the lady (we live near Tampa) and I saw a guy wearing a Michigan State t-shirt. Proudly I said "Go Green!". He looked at me confused and said "Go Green Bay?". I exclaimed "your shirt, Go White!" He looks at me and states "Oh I don't know, it's just a shirt".

You live in Flerrda. Sounds about right. :sarcasm:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

I don't thin nk I've ever been that hurt in my life.

When you go out on a limb to talk to strangers and try to make the most simple connection and they look at you like you're nuts... it's the most awkward thing.

Once I was riding the train from work and a girl was wearing the same hat as me. I said, "Hey, nice hat!" And she just stared at me with that exasperated look of a woman tired of being hit on while she's riding home from work. When I didn't have a follow-up line I saw the lightbulb go off and she finally laughed and said "OH! You too!"

Smooth as silk, baby. Still got it.

Last edited:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Posted this in the Coronavirus thread yesterday by accident...

Epstein stepped down in Chicago yesterday. I bet he’ll end up with the Mets.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
When you go out on a limb to talk to strangers and try to make the most simple connection and they look at you like you're nuts... it's the most awkward thing.

Once I was riding the train from work and a girl was wearing the same hat as me. I said, "Hey, nice hat!" And she just stared at me with that exasperated look of a woman tired of being hit on while she's riding home from work. When I didn't have a follow-up line I saw the lightbulb go off and she finally laughed and said "OH! You too!"

I hate to tell you, Bench, but I have photographic evidence that she wasn't all that impressed with your game:

5b9e5725240000310053f1ce.jpeg

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I'll definitely offer a comment or two on today's NBA draft. Even though I'm pretty sure I'll just be talking to myself, haha.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think the Lion's hockey crossovers look sick. I like the Wings baseball too, the font is nice and the jersey scheme is clean.

Reactions: Konnan511

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
For all the Spartans out there - Pistons had a chance to pick Cassius Winston at a spot that would have been somewhat reasonable but they passed.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Sounds like the Pistons have a real GM now. Good.

I don't pretend to know anything about the picks he made, but just having someone that can accept the reality they're in - and then aggressively begin the rebuild they desperately need - that's a huge plus.

Calling Allen Park... Come in, Allen Park...

Reactions: Ricelund

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Sounds like the Pistons have a real GM now. Good.

I don't pretend to know anything about the picks he made, but just having someone that can accept the reality they're in - and then aggressively begin the rebuild they desperately need - that's a huge plus.

Calling Allen Park... Come in, Allen Park...

The picks have fairly decent upside as far as where they got them. And they didn't really lose any high value assets. They traded a first round pick but it's "top-16 protected for the next four years, top-10 protected the two years after that, top-9 protected the year after that, and then if it still doesn’t convey, the pick transforms into two second-rounders." I've never seen that Inception-like level of pick protection.

I just wanted them to find a way to trade Blake and they didn't so I'm not super happy but it's fine. They still have time for that.

Reactions: jkutswings

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The picks have fairly decent upside as far as where they got them. And they didn't really lose any high value assets. They traded a first round pick but it's "top-16 protected for the next four years, top-10 protected the two years after that, top-9 protected the year after that, and then if it still doesn’t convey, the pick transforms into two second-rounders." I've never seen that Inception-like level of pick protection.

I just wanted them to find a way to trade Blake and they didn't so I'm not super happy but it's fine. They still have time for that.
Yep. Great protection on the pick, and I'm sure that both Griffin and Rose will get dealt at some point. Top 3 pick, here they come!

Reactions: FabricDetails

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

"And that kids... is the story of how I met your mother"

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
The lack of talk about the Lions is quite surprising. At this point the question must be when will Quinn & Patricia (and others) be dismissed rather then if. The Lions better act swiftly now, because at least the Bears will look for a GM & HC tandem very soon, too. It's not that I despise tanking, but keeping Patricia over the next few games might be too harmful for the reputation than a slightly better pick could redeem.

Gruß,
BSHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad