OT: Michigan Sports Thread: The 1-3 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
As stupid as it sounds, I would keep Patricia throughout the next weeks. Either the Lions improve and hover near the playoff ranks or they chase a nice draft pick once again. But I want to see Quinn gone rather sooner than later since too many of his decisions backfired.

Gruß,
BSHH

Reactions: saska sault

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
tntui6v34ms51.jpg

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
As stupid as it sounds, I would keep Patricia throughout the next weeks. Either the Lions improve and hover near the playoff ranks or they chase a nice draft pick once again. But I want to see Quinn gone rather sooner than later since too many of his decisions backfired.

Gruß,
BSHH

I want Patricia fired also but agree with the logic.. He either has some miracle turn around or drives us to a high pick.... Only issue getting something in the middle. Win a game or two and you basically destroy any chance at one of the top picks.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
What's up? The Lions win in convincing fashion (albeit against the tanking Jaguars) and here is no reaction at all? Although I have emotionally settled for a high draft pick - a forgotten art for Red Wings and Tigers fans... - already, I like some winning here and there. Without knowing how the next draft unfolds, I am fairly certain that the Lions can grab the next TE somewhere at #15.

Gruß,
BSHH

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
What's up? The Lions win in convincing fashion (albeit against the tanking Jaguars) and here is no reaction at all? Although I have emotionally settled for a high draft pick - a forgotten art for Red Wings and Tigers fans... - already, I like some winning here and there. Without knowing how the next draft unfolds, I am fairly certain that the Lions can grab the next TE somewhere at #15.

Gruß,
BSHH

Everyone is too morose to respond because of the 5 year guaranteed extension Quinntricia will get because of this win.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Gruß,
BSHH

I don't want to talk about football today.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Gruß,
BSHH

This was a business trip. This is what is expected when you play a bottom 3 talent. Spank them around the field, come home happy.

Do it against a Falcons team with a healthy offense. Do it against a division rival Vikings team with a potent running game. Do it against a good defensive Colts team. Then you get a little ass kissing coming your way.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This was a business trip. This is what is expected when you play a bottom 3 talent. Spank them around the field, come home happy.

Do it against a Falcons team with a healthy offense. Do it against a division rival Vikings team with a potent running game. Do it against a good defensive Colts team. Then you get a little ass kissing coming your way.

When you look at their schedule, if you forget for a second they are the Lions, there are reasons to believe they could put a few together.

I will say it was good to see Swift run the ball that way. They gave Peterson the ball too much with that in mind, but I really enjoyed watching them run like that.

Matt Stafford is 10-2 in games where he has an 100 yard rusher... Yes we have had a 100 yard rusher in just 12 of Matt Stafford's 154 career games. :facepalm:

Last edited:

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Big win by Michigan on the road, Milton managed the game like a veteran. No turnovers in the first game of the year is good to see (looking at you State, haha).

Hutchinson and Paye are probably the best pair of ends in the Big 10, really makes up for a weak/inexperienced secondary. Could be a great year for Michigan, Go Blue!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So if MSU is officially back to being lousy, and the Lions are back to losing when they should win and winning when they should lose, then the Wings should be rocketing up the standings any day now, right?

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So if MSU is officially back to being lousy, and the Lions are back to losing when they should win and winning when they should lose, then the Wings should be rocketing up the standings any day now, right?

One would hope, since those are basically the only three I really follow closely with rooting interest it is a dark time for this guy... The Wings used to balance out my depression on the other two. Glad I have prospect hockey where yes obviously the Wings prospects I root for but there are just a lot of young guys to follow. But I hope the professional guys and heck we might as well call Sparty and big time college football professional (I mean everybody knows Shaq got rich in college) need to get their shit together. I am going to take up an activity that is good for myself if they keep being this bad.:laugh:

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Some demons were exorcised today in Atlanta. As the dying embers of the game were unfolding I was sure the refs were going to pull out another 10 second runoff and hand the win to Atlanta. That was intense viewing. Falcons have their own curse of sorts when Blank comes down to the sideline and they blow a lead. Lots of Lions fans in the stands.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Some demons were exorcised today in Atlanta. As the dying embers of the game were unfolding I was sure the refs were going to pull out another 10 second runoff and hand the win to Atlanta. That was intense viewing. Falcons have their own curse of sorts when Blank comes down to the sideline and they blow a lead. Lots of Lions fans in the stands.
Atlanta is the most Lions team that isn't the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad