Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Michigan Hockey beats State...Michigan Baseball knocks off #1 Vanderbilt...Flint Firebirds win their 11th straight...what a night

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
#GoBlue Baseball knocks off Torkelson’s Sun Devils to start the season 3-0 and the FireBirds win their 12th in a row...what a weekend

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
This made me laugh. Drummond was a cancer. Having him as a figurehead within the organization was a disaster
What was wrong with Dummond (I don't watch much, if any NBA)? Looking at his stats and awards it seems he was a damn good player. He's lead the league in OFF/DEF/TOT rebounds for the past fist full of years, made two All-League teams, two All-Star Games, 12th in active player efficiency rating, all at the age of 26.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
What was wrong with Dummond (I don't watch much, if any NBA)? Looking at his stats and awards it seems he was a damn good player. He's lead the league in OFF/DEF/TOT rebounds for the past fist full of years, made two All-League teams, two All-Star Games, 12th in active player efficiency rating, all at the age of 26.
He supposedly told the Cleveland FO that if Belein was back after the All Star Break he wouldn’t sign their in the Off-season

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Drummond is the king of empty stats. He doesn’t fit in this era of basketball. He’s an on again, off again effort level player with zero offensive ability outside of 5 feet. Never developed a short to mid range jumper, never developed a strong game with his back to the basket. He racks up sloppy put backs and points under the net, and that’s it.

Put against the top big men in the league, he is out of his league defensively.

He’s paid like an elite big man, when his game is nothing more than a complimentary 4th or 5th option.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Drummond is the king of empty stats. He doesn’t fit in this era of basketball. He’s an on again, off again effort level player with zero offensive ability outside of 5 feet. Never developed a short to mid range jumper, never developed a strong game with his back to the basket. He racks up sloppy put backs and points under the net, and that’s it.

Put against the top big men in the league, he is out of his league defensively.

He’s paid like an elite big man, when his game is nothing more than a complimentary 4th or 5th option.
Whoa, thanks for the heads up!

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
From a First World problem standpoint, it's been a bummer on the local level that all the sports leagues have shut down. MSU was starting to peak in hoops and Michigan hockey had been on an absolute tear, going from the lower third of the rankings to vying for a tournament bid.

Outside of that, Dayton had a historically good hoops team, Ovie was pursuing another 50 goal season, the Frozen Four was placed on my doorstep, and Detroit's Mardi Gras, aka, opening day was on the horizon.

I know these are non-issues in the grand scheme and I don't disagree with any measures being taken. I'm just missing sports right about now.

Reactions: Konnan511 and Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know these are non-issues in the grand scheme and I don't disagree with any measures being taken. I'm just missing sports right about now.

Sports are what I use to distract from the day-to-day stresses of life. I like talking things here and debating viewpoints because ultimately they never really matter. Oh, you think AA is great? Let's type 15 pages about it! And at the end of the day, it's all a big pile of who cares. But it's fun to follow the storylines and have a consequence free hot takes.

The real world has bled into our precious escapism. Bah.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Lions free agency has been interesting. Paid that right tackle a lot of money for a guy who has never started. But hes also played behind 2 of the best tackles going and has a really good run block grade. They finally got a decent back up QB in Daniel. Collins seems like a good signing but kinda surprised they released Kennard. Kennard seemed really slow to me last year but hes a captain and PA rep so its surprising.

Still need some interior d linemen and a guard but they have the draft still as well.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
From a First World problem standpoint, it's been a bummer on the local level that all the sports leagues have shut down. MSU was starting to peak in hoops and Michigan hockey had been on an absolute tear, going from the lower third of the rankings to vying for a tournament bid.

Outside of that, Dayton had a historically good hoops team, Ovie was pursuing another 50 goal season, the Frozen Four was placed on my doorstep, and Detroit's Mardi Gras, aka, opening day was on the horizon.

I got to see Michigan/Wisconsin at Yost a few weeks back. Was very surprised at how well they controlled the game.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I got to see Michigan/Wisconsin at Yost a few weeks back. Was very surprised at how well they controlled the game.

I was at Saturday's game for that series. Wisconsin wasn't even in the game until the last 3 minutes and really weren't able to compete that entire weekend.

I don't think UM had the tools to win a title, but I think they were capable of pulling an upset or two. They really had a remarkable second half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad