Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Are the Lions just going to suck for all-time?? My whole life they have never been a contender always ****!!!

Because the clueless front office can't find a decent coach to use the talent. Stafford is more than good enough if you put a decent team around him.

Lions went chasing the scraps of Belichick and got an overrated defensive coordinator that can't actually get his team to play consistent defense. To say nothing of everything else.

I hope the Lions don't fire Patricia, but only because I'm a Packers fan, and I'm fine if they want to keep believing in Mr. Pencil behind the ear rocket big boy.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Losing is best for the Lions at this point. Defense was okay today. It was the offense that was sputtering. Too many injuries. It never stops. Lions could be 11-2 right now. They've been in every game, and held a lead, in all but the 2 against Minnesota.

I really wanted them to turn things around this year. This is the time to rebound. Trubisky is garbage against all teams but the Lions and Cowboys and the Packers will be in a world of hurt wants Rodgers is done. This division will be for the taking soon if the front office can get their act together.

FTP.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Because the clueless front office can't find a decent coach to use the talent. Stafford is more than good enough if you put a decent team around him.

Lions went chasing the scraps of Belichick and got an overrated defensive coordinator that can't actually get his team to play consistent defense. To say nothing of everything else.

I hope the Lions don't fire Patricia, but only because I'm a Packers fan, and I'm fine if they want to keep believing in Mr. Pencil behind the ear rocket big boy.
I think the fords should sell the team. They don't care about winning they only care about money

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Not really. It's true. Blown leads in every game but 2 against Minnesota. Six or seven of them in the 4th quarter.

Ah dang, I didn't realize it was true. The Lions were a whisper away from 11-2. Better than the Patriots, Chiefs, Seahawks, and Saints. And tied with the 49ers and and Ravens for league best record. That's the Lions alright.

Reactions: Ricelund

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Ah dang, I didn't realize it was true. The Lions were a whisper away from 11-2. Better than the Patriots, Chiefs, Seahawks, and Saints. And tied with the 49ers and and Ravens for league best record. That's the Lions alright.

Having a similar record would not mean the Lions are as good as any of those teams. Not a claim I made. Lions blew a lead in all but 2 games. Six losses by one score. Lions have been their own worst enemy all season.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Having a similar record would not mean the Lions are as good as any of those teams. Not a claim I made. Lions blew a lead in all but 2 games. Six losses by one score. Lions have been their own worst enemy all season.

To have this kind of blind optimism, as a Lions fan, is a rare gift and I don't want to take that away from you.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Imagine if Yzerman gave up in the late 80s and Lidstrom went back home to Sweden 10 years in. The Lions have had arguably the most talented RB and WR of all time and have managed one playoff win between them. Total embarrassment. PS I don’t fault Barry or Megatron for their decisions. Limping around at 50 isn’t worth 6 win seasons.

Reactions: Ricelund

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
No optimism to it. It's a reality of this season.

I want to be clear that you're suggesting that the 3 win Lions going 11-2 this year is "not optimistic" and instead the "reality of this season."

The Lions give up 400 yards a game. They aren't unlucky. This is bad defense. Only Miami, Cincinnati, and Arizona allow more yards per game than the Lions.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I think the fords should sell the team. They don't care about winning they only care about money

The surname isn't relevant. It's about who's calling the shots. While the transition has been far from flawless Martha and Billy Clay Jr have shown they are not Billy Clay. With the amount of scratch that's involved to secure a NFL franchise today we could easily end up with a Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder type. The intrusive and meddling type.

Billy Clay was the exact opposite. By all accounts a great guy but hands off to a fault. Russ Thomas held the reigns of mediocrity for 20 years. Chuck Schmidt was allowed to stick by Bobby Ross instead of Barry. Heck, the only instance of flexing his muscle I am aware of was calling the shot on Harrington when Millen wanted to draft Jammer.

Junior made public comments that forced The Old Man's hand and Martha cleaned house again once he died. The window is closing on Quinn and Patricia. If things don't start to look better next season they'll both be out the door.

Quinn wants to replicate a system that cannot be replicated. Patricia erred in sacrificing the offense last season with Cooter to appease Stafford. Paulie Pepperoni is his downfall this year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
MLB Hall of fame voters, **** you

This is why I make no apologies for Morris getting in. Whitaker deserved to be voted in years ago, and he's still getting screwed over for it. Tram deserved to go in far earlier than he made it. Tigers have been getting the short end of the stick for years. Maybe Morris wasn't the most deserving of candidates, but I'm to the point of considering it partial recompense for more deserving Tigers being left out.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is why I make no apologies for Morris getting in. Whitaker deserved to be voted in years ago, and he's still getting screwed over for it. Tram deserved to go in far earlier than he made it. Tigers have been getting the short end of the stick for years. Maybe Morris wasn't the most deserving of candidates, but I'm to the point of considering it partial recompense for more deserving Tigers being left out.

Better career WAR than Derek Jeter...

I mean Morris was a world class ******* was a part of what kept him out.

I think Trammell eventually started to get support. Buster Olney was big there as was Kurkjian in my opinion. I find it odd that the groundswell for Lou doesn't exist. Was one of the more popular guys in baseball in terms of what I have been told. Far more popular with his peers than Morris or Trams. I really don't get it. I actually at one point wondered if maybe it was the homer in me, but really when you compare their stats it doesn't make any sense why these guys have been waiting. Trams was even worse, but Lou is certainly Hall worthy.

Though a Hall of Fame and yes I know some of the reasons that doesn't feature your all-time hits king, the best player I have seen play the game in my life (thought Trout is certainly challenging this) and several of the others they are going to try to was out of the record books doesn't mean much. It is going to be pretty irrelevant to me who is in the HOF which is funny considering how crusty they are about it.

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'm surprised people still take the baseball hall of fame seriously

any hall of fame that still doesn't have two of it's top 10 players of all time in it a dozen years after they retired is deserving of nothing but ridicule

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Pete Rose and...?

the guy with 7 MVPs(nobody else has more than 3 in the 100+ years the award has existed) and the other guy with 7 Cy Youngs(also the most anyone has ever won although that award has "only" existed for 52 years and another 11 without the league split)

but yeah sure Rose should be in too

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
the guy with 7 MVPs(nobody else has more than 3 in the 100+ years the award has existed) and the other guy with 7 Cy Youngs(also the most anyone has ever won although that award has "only" existed for 52 years and another 11 without the league split)

but yeah sure Rose should be in too
Then you might as well include Arod,McGwire and Sosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad