Michigan Sports Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That was embarrassing, the NFL will apologize, but honestly what does that mean? Shameful, **** that, WHAT THE ****, I mean seriously what the ****. I really cannot believe I just watched that and I have half my friends that are Packers fans trying to convince me that was anything but a screw job. Do better in the red zone sure, but hey NFL use some vaseline next time...

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I knew the loss was coming once they had to settle for field goals. Another moral victory for the Lions.

Green Bay will fall ass backwards into their third straight HOF QB the minute Rodgers retires as well. I realize many said the same about Detroit and Lidstrom but Green Bay has had a HOF QB for nearly 30 years

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I knew the loss was coming once they had to settle for field goals. Another moral victory for the Lions.

Green Bay will fall ass backwards into their third straight HOF QB the minute Rodgers retires as well. I realize many said the same about Detroit and Lidstrom but Green Bay has had a HOF QB for nearly 30 years

What moral victory is anyone claiming here?

The “you should have scored more” logic is absolutely relevant, but it does not mean that the game was not taken away from Detroit.

The defensive holding called on Tracy Walker when Jimmy Graham was falling. The unnecessary roughness call when Tracy Walker was making a play on the ball. The first hands to the face call. The no-call defensive pass interference on the pass to Marvin Jones. The second hands to the face call.

Hell, I thought the Kerryon fumble vs incompletion call was bad. If that same play happens where Kerryon catches the ball and turns up field and a defender makes a hit and the ball comes free...that’s a fumble. But because he turns up field and drops the ball on his own it’s an incomplete pass?

Do the Lions need to address their red zone and offensive woes? Absolutely. Did the Lions get screwed out of a win due to the actions of the refs? Absolutely.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
That was embarrassing, the NFL will apologize, but honestly what does that mean? Shameful, **** that, WHAT THE ****, I mean seriously what the ****. I really cannot believe I just watched that and I have half my friends that are Packers fans trying to convince me that was anything but a screw job. Do better in the red zone sure, but hey NFL use some vaseline next time...

I don't care if you bleed cheddar; there's no way any sane person should be claiming those refs didn't give GB unwarranted opportunities to win.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
NFL needs to hire full time, young refs. Not these part time ass hats that are too old to keep up with the play. Both hands to the face calls and that no call pass interference on Jones Jr are ridiculously easy calls to make/not make. The lions went from first in the division to dead last solely because of the refs and thats ridiculous. Massive uphill battle for the playoffs now.

With sports betting being legal in the states now, this shit wont fly for long.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Not sure if many people knew or cared, but E-Sports Star Ninja is a massive Lion's fan:
https://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-l...e-star-ninja-became-a-rabid-detroit-lions-fan
GpIYTR0.jpg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The officiating was so egregious even former Packers were taking the NFL and refs to task. Troy Vincent has stated the second flag against Flowers was wrong. Someone had a facefull of Hock's mask and it wasn't called. Curious how the worst calls against the Lions come against teams the NFL has a financial interest in.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So... it looks like we're going to get a JV vs. Max (and Anibal) World Series.

I thought it couldn't get worse than the 2018 Sox with JD, Porcello, Price, Kinsler, and Dombrowski.

If the Nationals win, the entire 2014 Tigers rotation (Verlander, Scherzer, Price, Porcello, Sanchez) will have rings.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
So... it looks like we're going to get a JV vs. Max (and Anibal) World Series.

I thought it couldn't get worse than the 2018 Sox with JD, Porcello, Price, Kinsler, and Dombrowski.

If the Nationals win, the 2014 Tigers entire rotation (Verlander, Scherzer, Price, Porcello, Sanchez) will have a ring.

Houston still needs to win 2 more games to advance.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
My love for Chris Spielman is quickly turning to hate as he defends the officiating today. When he said, "pass interference is pass interference, get over it", I wanted to ask him how the NFLs d**k tastes.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It is kind of funny how Mark Dantonio has completely destroyed all the legitimacy he built of the MSU football brand.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I realize that UofM and MSU are still great/good/decent depending on the sport, but has professional sports in Detroit ever been this awful? Case in point, the Lions just got turducken'ed in the worse possible way this Thanksgiving and yet they're still the most 'successful' pro team in a major sport in town.

Red Wings: 7-18-3 (last)
Pistons: 6-13 (T6th last)
Tigers: 47-114 (last)
Lions: 3-8-1 (7th last)

P.S. Live in Toronto but grew up in Windsor, so yeah, sticking with my Detroit teams no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad