OT: Michigan Sports Talk V: Lions and Tigers and Wolverines and Spartans! Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don't know why I had any faith in this Lions team.

Considering they probably could have went to the conference finals had it not been for refs. They fooled you.

Also, they are the lions. Look at any good year as a fluke year.
On the bright side, this team could still get 7/8 wins if they're lucky.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lions suck, Tigers suck, welcome back to the early 2000s except this time the Wings and Pistons suck too.

wings dont suck. They're just not as good as they used to be.

why can't the Lions just give Mike I ownership? At least they will have a few years of contention at worst. same with Pistons.

Give everything in Detroit to Mikey Mike :handclap:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Lions season is over before it even began.

Looked through their schedule and you can pencil in nine more losses, and there were a couple games where i gave the Lions the benefit of the doubt.

Ideally you would want them to lose more than 11 games so they could potentially draft a franchise QB.

I would try and trade Stafford if possible.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Looked through their schedule and you can pencil in nine more losses, and there were a couple games where i gave the Lions the benefit of the doubt.

Ideally you would want them to lose more than 11 games so they could potentially draft a franchise QB.

Yep. I really think they need to have a really bad year and draft a really good Quarterback.

I don't know about 9 losses though. I count 6 more unless you mean 9 overall But I don't follow football too much, I don't know if STL is a good team. 49ers are pretty bad or should be anyway I haven't checked.

I'm kind of hoping for that USC qb

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015

Cap hit is too large to trade

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
They just don't utilize their talent the right way. Calvin was able to catch 10 passes which is great... but you have 3 deep threats and every pass is ten yards or less. They play such a timid style and it makes no sense. This team should operate like the Saints team that won the super bowl a handful of years ago. Taking chances and running it only when you have to.

Aug 6, 2012
They just don't utilize their talent the right way. Calvin was able to catch 10 passes which is great... but you have 3 deep threats and every pass is ten yards or less. They play such a timid style and it makes no sense. This team should operate like the Saints team that won the super bowl a handful of years ago. Taking chances and running it only when you have to.

Exactly.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wasn't a fan of the Caldwell hiring. In fact I don't know if I really trust that front office. Even when the Lions became an above average NFL team I couldn't tell if these guys knew what they were doing or if they just fluked into a couple of good players.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

not sure if there's franchise QBs in this draft. not an expert by any means but just based on what i've read.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lions OL is even a bigger problem than Stafford right now. That, and Lombardi needs to go.

Both Minnesota and San Diego are fringe playoff teams like Detroit. They blew game one due to the offense and today both sides of the ball played like garbage.

With the upcoming schedule(Denver, @Seattle, Arizona) you could very well be looking at 0-5. Good news is that we're stacked with draft picks...but then again, they're the Lions for a reason.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
not sure if there's franchise QBs in this draft. not an expert by any means but just based on what i've read.

Some folks are saying Connor Cook might be the top QB in this draft. I'm a State fan, and I can tell you I think he's pretty good. But a franchise QB? I don't think so.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Some folks are saying Connor Cook might be the top QB in this draft. I'm a State fan, and I can tell you I think he's pretty good. But a franchise QB? I don't think so.

There likely isn't a QB worth of being drafted in the first round. But someone probably will.

It's the hardest position for a reason

In regard to the Lions, most of us realize that they suck and potentially will continue to always suck. But there is no reason to give up hope for hell to freeze over each season.

If the Red Wings, Pistons and Tigers can do it, so can the Lions. I mean, I might be dead...

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005

I've decided to reorder my list of things to do if I ever get to drive the DeLorean.

1. Go back in time and make sure Big Hat never gets the gig in the first place.

2. Buy Sports Almanac.

3. Find futuristic cures for war, famine, and global warming.

4. Get myself a nice M.L.T. Y'know, mutton, lettuce, and tomato. Where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe. It's so perky. I love that.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Cook seems like another Stafford to me, He'd probably do better tho only alittle. Maybe make the playoffs.

I'd rather take the USC quarterback.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Isn't the QB depth in this upcoming draft super weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad