OT: Michigan Sports Talk Part VII: NFC North Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Tram finally going to the hall! My first sports hero as a kid. I'm so stoked.

Pumped my fist and gave a little shout when I read this news, he was a hero of mine as well. So thrilled for him and Jack Morris, nice to see this day finally arrived for both of them.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Al Avila showing what a rebuild looks like by not taking the obvious help in the Rule V draft. Really not sure why they passed on Burdi with the first pick.

edit: not that it's a big deal, these guys become nothing 90% of the time anyway, but Burdi seemed like a good pickup in a clear position of need, and something that would have value down the road when we could trade him. This Reyes kid might be good, though.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I still don't like Singer's delivery and the fact he doesn't have an off-speed pitch as he is about to enter his Junior year. If he can develop that offspeed pitch, then count me in. I just really don't want another Matt Anderson situation.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I still don't like Singer's delivery and the fact he doesn't have an off-speed pitch as he is about to enter his Junior year. If he can develop that offspeed pitch, then count me in. I just really don't want another Matt Anderson situation.

Anderson's problem wasn't just that he didn't have an offspeed pitch, it was that his fastball was static, it didn't move. He could lob it up there at 100 mph, but it was almost like he was placing it on a T.

It sounds like Singer's got movement to his fastball, and a slider that's already there. Plug him into a farm system next to Faedo, Manning, and that kid we got from the Astros and we'll have some nice arms coming up.

Reactions: Konnan511

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
It's nice to see some Tigers talk here throughout the dreadful offseason (which still might be less dreadful than the upcoming season...). May I participate?

- The return for trading Kinsler was rather disappointing. I don't blame Avila, since Kinsler had all the leverage because of his NTC, though. At least it makes room for Lugo to be Toledo's 2B and thus become a more interesting prospect. But who do you expect to become the next Tiger UT? Jones might be a candidate, but I prefer him to get more at-bats in AAA.

- Not picking Burdi in the Rule V draft confused me as well. Unlike Reyes (who hopefully will make all doubters eat crow), Burdi will be on the DL instead of eating up a spot on the 25-roster.

- According to their MLB Pipeline profiles, Hankins seems indeed to be a bit more intriguing than Singer. Signability could also be a huge factor, since the Tigers have a good chance to grab a nice talent in the 2nd round simply by overpaying.

- C. Ilitch has allowed Avila to select a PTBNL over cash. If the Tigers are willing to speed up the rebuild by taking on a bloated contract, trading for Ellsbury and some nice Yankees prospects should be helpful.

Gruß,
BSHH

Reactions: Konnan511

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
It's nice to see some Tigers talk here throughout the dreadful offseason (which still might be less dreadful than the upcoming season...). May I participate?

- The return for trading Kinsler was rather disappointing. I don't blame Avila, since Kinsler had all the leverage because of his NTC, though. At least it makes room for Lugo to be Toledo's 2B and thus become a more interesting prospect. But who do you expect to become the next Tiger UT? Jones might be a candidate, but I prefer him to get more at-bats in AAA.

- Not picking Burdi in the Rule V draft confused me as well. Unlike Reyes (who hopefully will make all doubters eat crow), Burdi will be on the DL instead of eating up a spot on the 25-roster.

- According to their MLB Pipeline profiles, Hankins seems indeed to be a bit more intriguing than Singer. Signability could also be a huge factor, since the Tigers have a good chance to grab a nice talent in the 2nd round simply by overpaying.

- C. Ilitch has allowed Avila to select a PTBNL over cash. If the Tigers are willing to speed up the rebuild by taking on a bloated contract, trading for Ellsbury and some nice Yankees prospects should be helpful.

Gruß,
BSHH

Something I didn't know about the Rule V before, but apparently teams don't get to look at a guy's medicals before selecting them. With Burdi's injury, I have to wonder if that didn't back the Tigers off from him. It's a free player, yeah, but why take any more risks on a guy than you have to?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
This loss should put jim out of a job. Falcons lost and I don’t think they beat the panthers. (Though maybe cause there’s no pressure I think now).

It should at the very least get rid of these terrible terrible coordinators

On the bright side I think 0-16 is coming for the browns. Unless you take pride that the lions were the only team to be the best at something (sucking)

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
The Lions are owned by a family that meddles and is too dumb to realize they don't know what they are doing. Martha doesn't strike me as being any different. What kind of organization secretly extends their coach, then leaks that extension after they start the season with a 3-1 record, AND THEN leaks that the extension was only for another season after the team has lost three straight? I can't think of another organization that operates like that.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Sunday's loss just summed up the Lions and their coaching staff, perfectly. Inept, incompetent, & mediocre at best. Caldwell has never known how to properly get his team prepared for any game, regardless of its importance, ever. Him and his constant deer in the headlights look can now finally be shown the door, and fast!

This will finally show if Quinn really does have any control over this team, by what he does next and who he'll hire to replace the coaching staff, or if the even more clueless, Martha Ford, is naively calling the shots, and like her husband, foolishly convincing herself she has the first she clue what she's doing.

smugrespectfuleft.gif

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
House money for a Spartan fan. Either the conference goes undefeated or U of M blows it really no downside to that game. :laugh:

If Michigan loses it definetely shows that harbaugh isn’t the right coach. It should be a win. Michigans defense is like 10x better then South Carolina’s. Offenses are similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->