OT: Michigan Sports Talk IV: The Voyage to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He was brutal on 3rd downs last week as well.

If you live in the Detroit area, don't ever listen to 97.1 late, late night. One of their middle of the night hosts, Eric Thomas, is the biggest Stafford apologist in the world and it makes for unbearable radio. It's a shame because I actually enjoy his show if they're not talking Stafford, but that topic is unavoidable at this time of the year.

Eric Thomas is the worst. Dan Leach is even worse. That Leach guy doesn't even drink. I loathe him. He's the biggest homer ever.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Eric Thomas is the worst. Dan Leach is even worse. That Leach guy doesn't even drink. I loathe him. He's the biggest homer ever.

Lol Leach cracks me up. And not because he's trying too. He's goofy. And yes, he's now sober.

The new guy they hired, Brian Chapman, is good to listen to in regards to Stafford. He knows what's up.

But for me, by far the worst guy on that station is Caputo, okayyy. I hate him.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Who have they played?

Well they locked down the Packers big time and thats an elite offense but this is still the NFL and through 6 weeks the lions lead almost every big defensive category. It makes sense that they would start panning out as well. They've spent high firsts on the front four, Slay a pretty high pick coming into his own, they signed one of the best run stopping safeties in the league in the offseason as well. I know its the lions and no one wants to believe they can actually have a good defense but its time to start believing it. Will they finish the number 1 D? Hard to say but they defiitely could. Will they finish top 10? Well theyre first almost halfway through the season so I think so. If the offense picks it up they will be even better as well because the D will be well rested and on the field less

Does anyone wanna bet that they dont finish top 10?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well they locked down the Packers big time and thats an elite offense but this is still the NFL and through 6 weeks the lions lead almost every big defensive category. It makes sense that they would start panning out as well. They've spent high firsts on the front four, Slay a pretty high pick coming into his own, they signed one of the best run stopping safeties in the league in the offseason as well. I know its the lions and no one wants to believe they can actually have a good defense but its time to start believing it. Will they finish the number 1 D? Hard to say but they defiitely could. Will they finish top 10? Well theyre first almost halfway through the season so I think so. If the offense picks it up they will be even better as well because the D will be well rested and on the field less

Does anyone wanna bet that they dont finish top 10?

Lions could easily collapse when they play more teams with better offenses. I think Green Bay is the only team they have faced with an above-average offensive rating?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Lions could easily collapse when they play more teams with better offenses. I think Green Bay is the only team they have faced with an above-average offensive rating?

A lot of the teams Detroit has played will have lower rated offenses because of the fact that they played the lions but besides that, what great offenses are coming on the schedule? The Saints and Falcons are both known for their offenses and the Pats are always a tough team but none of those offenses are amazing anymore.

Likewise, theyve got Minnesota, Arizona, and Tampaon the schedule that are pretty bad offenses.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Detroit has thus far played the...

18th, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and 30th

... ranked offenses in terms of total offense.

The next 2 weeks should give us a better idea as NO and Atl put up a lot of yards.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
No question the schedule will get tougher. I don't think Graham will play for the Saints this week so that's one less weapon to worry about. I was thinking a .500 record by the bye week would be a good start but this team might have 5 or 6 wins in the bank by then.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
The Detroit Lions will never have a good quarterback, I've just accepted it.

40+ yard pass interference call against the Saints and the Lions can't advance 10 yards for a TD

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
lmao yea. I looked away because I figured he wouldn't have a problem with it. Then I hear PPPAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG....WTF!?!??!? lol

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'm in a state of shock right now. And Drew Brees is a whiny *****. How did he not get called for intentional ground like 3 or 4 times? Go Lions. Stafford played well in the 2nd half. Cut Reggie Bush. Comeback soon Ebron and Calvin.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Great comeback. This team can be a real contender if Calvin can come back and stay healthy.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Defense was still pretty damn good. Had a couple lapses but it's tough to keep Drew Brees and the Saints to minimal yardage.

I've never known a good Detroit Lions team, nor have I really paid *that* much attention to them, but I have to admit this team has me pretty damn excited.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Defense was still pretty damn good. Had a couple lapses but it's tough to keep Drew Brees and the Saints to minimal yardage.

I've never known a good Detroit Lions team, nor have I really paid *that* much attention to them, but I have to admit this team has me pretty damn excited.

They had a lot of yards but the lions still held the number 2 offense in the league to 23 points when they were coming off of a bye. They also came up with a huge interception right near the end of the game to set up the game winner.

Tate was a great signing

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

I don't know how old you are but that 1992 season was pretty special...last playoff win for the franchise and got to the NFC title game.

I think this team is still figuring what it is. The defense is very good. This might be the best defense I've seen played from the Lions. To see some games with a healthy Calvin might tell you how good they could be. I'm happy they've been winning without him but they won't go far without him.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I hate how they try to get Reggie Bush involved so much. When he just doesn't really have it anymore. Would like to see Fuller and Broyles targeted more.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Beck just tweeted that Miggy had surgery to relieve bone spurs and a stress fracture in his foot. Wonder where the power went this year? It looks like injuries took their toll again.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
He somehow figured out how to drive the ball with his bum feet but he needs to get right for next year. There's no question V-Mart has to be re-signed or the Royals will win that division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad