OT: Michigan Sports Talk IV: The Voyage to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Nice to see Michigan finally solve the riddle that is Penn State... :laugh:

Speaking of Michigan...there's a basketball game this afternoon, I heard.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
A nice day for Canadians...

Wolverines are in the driver's seat to win the regular season title but they can't have a letdown game in West Lafayette on Wednesday. State with a tough finish...still have to host Iowa and go to Columbus. Michigan's toughest game remaining is at home against Indiana but they'll want to avenge that pummeling they took down in Bloomington.

Aug 6, 2012
I don't know what to think about this MSU team... every loss looks the same and it was pretty much certain they were going to lose today.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I don't know what to think about this MSU team... every loss looks the same and it was pretty much certain they were going to lose today.

You wonder what they'd look like at 100% health, but at the same time the guys they have are plenty good enough to win these games and they just play too sloppy. And I don't know what Harris' deal is. He's talented but he frequently doesn't play with any focus.

Aug 6, 2012
Ian Kinsler needs to shutup... same thing with Torii last year. You're with the Tigers, quit *****ing about your old team.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Extremely small sample size, but Castellanos is 5-10 with 3 runs, 2 doubles, a HR, and 7 RBI, with only 1 K. Good to see him off to a good start at least. AJax and VMart are also killing it so far.

Rondon with 4K and 0BB in 3 innings. In fact, he, Chamberlain, and Nathan have combined for 9 innings, 1 run, 6 hits, 0BB, and 8 Ks.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Also, Dirks will have back surgery and miss approximately 3 months. Looks like a little more playing time available for Davis and a lot more playing time for, everyone's favorite.... Don Kelly :laugh:

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Too bad about Dirks, can't seem to get/stay healthy. Any word on what's prompted the back surgery?

Supposedly, his back had been hurting him for a long time, but recently got worse. Will have "microdiscectomy surgery."

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Rajai Davis is a part-time player. Period.

If we're in playoff contention(as I expect we will), I hope to god we acquire an OF. LF was already a question mark to begin with.

Actually, this team is full of question marks this season. But I actually feel it is a better constructed one than last season.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
A fully healthy and full spring training for VMart is one of the best offseason deals of the season. I'm so excited for a full healthy season for him.

As long as we have a LF with a big arm, good speed and good defense, I don't mind if they hit only a few HRs and bat 260-275.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
It's quite possible that Jon Daniels is in fact a sleazeball. The evidence to that effect is mounting.

Kelly and Lombardozzi are total fails, of course. Davis should only play against lefties and mediocre-to-bad righties. There are some guys I would like to see get a crack at that half of the platoon besides the two worthless "utility" guys, maybe Carrera. At least he's fast...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
They have the rest of spring to figure out the LF situation...I wouldn't want Davis to play full time. Also a bit concerned about Iglesias' health. Love what I see out of Castellanos so far.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
(...) Kelly and Lombardozzi are total fails, of course. Davis should only play against lefties and mediocre-to-bad righties. There are some guys I would like to see get a crack at that half of the platoon besides the two worthless "utility" guys, maybe Carrera. At least he's fast...
Is Lombardozzi really such a fail? His offensive and defensive numbers are at least better as Kelly's, so right now I'd consider him the better player.

Gruß,
BSHH

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Rajai Davis is a part-time player. Period.

If we're in playoff contention(as I expect we will), I hope to god we acquire an OF. LF was already a question mark to begin with.

Actually, this team is full of question marks this season. But I actually feel it is a better constructed one than last season.

I like the every day lineup more, or did until dirks went down. I don't like the rotation as much, though, and the pen is just as much of a question mark. Have to wonder if someone like Fields doesn't have an outside shot at grabbing Dirks spot out of camp now. It's not like Kelly should have it locked up. Hell, I'd even be tempted to put Castellanos out there at that point, keep Perez up at second and move Kinsler to third. the only thing preventing it is not wanting to screw with castellanos' development.

Tigers are #2. Lions are #1. Wings #3.

No idea why Michigan loves the Lions so much considering how little that organization has given back to its fans. have to wonder if the 16 game season preserves the love for them a bit. Let them suck for 80+ games every year and see if fans still love them.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
No idea why Michigan loves the Lions so much considering how little that organization has given back to its fans. have to wonder if the 16 game season preserves the love for them a bit. Let them suck for 80+ games every year and see if fans still love them.

I think the number of games has a lot to do with it, yeah.

They're #3 for me, but only because I have zero interest in the NBA.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Tigers are number one. Wings are number two. Lions are three. Pistons are four.

I base this off the amount of blondes posting comments on my Facebook Newsfeed about these teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad