Michel Therrien II

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
A lot can change, very quickly. It all depends on the record. If we have injuries and have not addressed some of the needs, Therriens emotional motivation will only take the team so far.

If anything, making the playoffs this year created a precedent that they cant regress on.

Suppose we are out of the playoff picture mid-season... You dont see it as a possibility that he gets the boot? I do.

Like I said, I doubt it, it's gonna be a long-term thing the Bergevin-Therrien match-up. And there's gonna be a lot of teachings. I predict next year, the Habs will go even younger. That was the plan and MG won't change it. We're rebuilding.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
fully agree with you on all counts. I don't want to blame MT on the failures we are seeing at the end of the season/PO's, just like i don't want to give credit to MT for being responsible for the success of a 40 game stint.

Maybe not for the 40 games, but i'll say the post beating they had vs Toronto. They came out of the game with Therrien making them realise that they could not play a physical/intimidating game and they started listening to him, buying into his team concept. And off they went. I saw a structure in the Habs on the ice I had never seen for a decade.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Like I said, I doubt it, it's gonna be a long-term thing the Bergevin-Therrien match-up. And there's gonna be a lot of teachings. I predict next year, the Habs will go even younger. That was the plan and MG won't change it. We're rebuilding.

Disagree fully. No way in hell will we be in rebuild mode.

This year by making the playoffs will only build the expectations for success next year.

If anything, there'll be more pressure to put the final chips in place and get some much needed toughness.

Expect an active off-season, and that goes completely against the lines of rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad