Michel Ouellet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
What do think of that guy!? How come Pittsburg didn't think to call him up before!!?? 16 pts in 13 games! Wow! 2 goals and 1 assist last night. 2 AHL All Star games in a row! Will he continu?

SopelFan*

If he continues to stand beside the net and bang in Crosby's garbage, then yes.

He reminds me of Jason King.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
SopelFan said:

He did that tonight, but he's been scoring regardless of who he's out there with. His second goal of the Pens/Habs game was set up by Maxime Talbot, with Andre Roy throwing the puck to Max behind the net. He's not a product of Crosby, although playing with Sid could inflate his numbers in the future.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
He wasnt called up before because Eddie O didnt know what he was doing (hence the firing). In desperation at the end of the O reign I believe he was called for a few games.

He was a Therrien guy down in WBS and continues to be in Pitt because he knows and plays MT's system.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
SopelFan said:

Why can't you just shut the f*** up with that ?

Is somehow "cool" for the teenie trolls to bash Crosby ?

Rowbear

Jul 30, 2005
MAF said:

Uhmm I don't think he was bashing Crosby...

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
His skating leaves a lot to be desired.

He is also known for blowing a defensive coverage every now and again, but he fits right in.

What's funny is that Lemieux has probably lost his spot on the 1st PP unit.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
More than anything I'm really happy that Ouellet is being used correctly. I really thought that he was going to be put with plumbers and never get the chance to excel in an offensive role. He has always had some very good hands, a great shot and great sense for getting open. He has also worked very hard on his flaws. His skating and defensive play have gotten better year by year. This year he's been more active than I've ever remembered and is tough in his own way (taking hits to make plays, diving for pucks, going into traffic areas).

Ouellet has been known to be streaky but I think that he'll really benifit from playing a cleaner pro game (alot of goals in the AHL are scored from broken plays and scrums). Plus he looks to make a great compliment for some future elite playmakers, Crosby and Malkin.

On another note, I've never been a fan of loudmouth/ motivating type coaches. To me alot of them come across as cheerleaders. I've bashed him pretty badly in the past but Michel Therrien has been downright awesome. From detailing the Pens youngsters to giving the Pittsburgh Penguins structure and work ethic, I just can't say enough good things about him so far.

SopelFan*

MAF said:

Not only am I not a "teenie", but I wasn't bashing Crosby in any way (complimenting him if anything) AND Pens fans whining is just as obnoxious as the Crosby-hate.

Vote for Rory

Nov 13, 2004
MAF said:

haha wow. speachless.

I'm not sold on Ouellet yet, hes been hot yes, but will he continue.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
lanks said:
haha wow. speachless.

I'm not sold on Ouellet yet, hes been hot yes, but will he continue.

Well, he's always been a really streaky player, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
SportBoy said:
What do think of that guy!? How come Pittsburg didn't think to call him up before!!?? 16 pts in 13 games! Wow! 2 goals and 1 assist last night. 2 AHL All Star games in a row! Will he continu?

He was a great goal scorer in Rimousk and then in Wilke/Barr-Scranto, he just needed to work on his skating and his defense. Coach Therrien has done wonders for both.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Zen Arcade said:
He did that tonight, but he's been scoring regardless of who he's out there with. His second goal of the Pens/Habs game was set up by Maxime Talbot, with Andre Roy throwing the puck to Max behind the net. He's not a product of Crosby, although playing with Sid could inflate his numbers in the future.
He has been on the powerplay mostly with Sid and has 8 of his 10 goals and 12 of his 16 points on the powerplay.If Sid wasn't passing the puck to him(and I think he did assist on alot of those goals)then he was making room for him.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
pei fan said:
He has been on the powerplay mostly with Sid and has 8 of his 10 goals and 12 of his 16 points on the powerplay.If Sid wasn't passing the puck to him(and I think he did assist on alot of those goals)then he was making room for him.

He was playing with LeClair and Recchi on the second unit more often than Sid, until recently.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
pei fan said:
How dare that whiny little diving punk make other players on his team better????

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Mr. T said:
He was a great goal scorer in Rimousk and then in Wilke/Barr-Scranto, he just needed to work on his skating and his defense. Coach Therrien has done wonders for both.

The kid certainly has improved since his time in Wheelin.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
BTW, I always liked Ouellet. I thought he'd be an NHL player for a while now. Good to see him breaking through. He has a scorers instinct. That's for damn sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->