Player Discussion Micheal Ferland

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
What dumb parents are thinking - "By spelling my kid's name Kiel instead of Kyle we're totally showing how trendy and unique we are!"

What dumb parents are actually saying - "We're selfish idiots who screwed our kid over with a name that will be misspelled every single day of his life and result in multiple inconveniences for them, all so we feel like special clever snowflakes who invented a unique name!"
All roads lead to Seinfeld.

Reactions: lindgren and MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Seems like you speak from experience. :D M stands for Miceal?

Heh, my first name is generic but does start with an M. My last name - which my parents obviously couldn't control - is constantly mis-spelled with an extra letter and it's irritating as hell every time I'm on the phone for anything. "We can't find you in our system."

But that's nothing compared to a first name and parents who intentionally give kids a name with a more common spelling are just idiots. My girlfriend does have a name a bit like this (not a 1% weird name but one that's spelled probably 75% of the time a different way) and it's ridiculous - especially getting wedding invitations and stuff like that with her name spelled wrong.

Harold

Aug 17, 2006
Kelowna
Heh, my first name is generic but does start with an M. My last name - which my parents obviously couldn't control - is constantly mis-spelled with an extra letter and it's irritating as hell every time I'm on the phone for anything. "We can't find you in our system."

But that's nothing compared to a first name and parents who intentionally give kids a name with a more common spelling are just idiots. My girlfriend does have a name a bit like this (not a 1% weird name but one that's spelled probably 75% of the time a different way) and it's ridiculous - especially getting wedding invitations and stuff like that with her name spelled wrong.

Matt Sekeres (Matt Sekeresh?) is that you?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Haha well at least your wedding invitations would be one of a kind. Congrats!

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Seems like you speak from experience. :D M stands for Miceal?
Seriously bro. As a dude named Michael, it’s one of the most annoying f***ing things in the world. It’s only the 3rd most common male name in the world and all, I shouldn’t have to explain how to spell it.
Also for the sake of all that is HOLY! Do not call MDP “Mikey”!!!! Seriously this is honestly the worst nickname and Michael in the world can endure. He’s not a 7 year old boy!
So yes experience has something to do with it

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Seriously bro. As a dude named Michael, it’s one of the most annoying ****ing things in the world. It’s only the 3rd most common male name in the world and all, I shouldn’t have to explain how to spell it.
Also for the sake of all that is HOLY! Do not call MDP “Mikey”!!!! Seriously this is honestly the worst nickname and Michael in the world can endure. He’s not a 7 year old boy!
So yes experience has something to do with it

Haha ok. I've never called Dipietro "Mikey" but his last name is Italian so maybe he's fine with it?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I haven't heard anything about Ferland during preseaon. How has he looked, and will he be on Pettersson's wing the whole season?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i sometimes wish i'd named my son mike or dave or steve. he would have been the only one in his grade most years.

otoh matthew seems to have survived, and i sold something recently online and 4 different guys in their 20s named josh contacted me.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I haven't heard anything about Ferland during preseaon. How has he looked, and will he be on Pettersson's wing the whole season?

Missed games due to illness but overall has looked good. Plays a hard north south style game, likes to bang in rebounds and has good deflections. It’s a contrasting style that doesn’t mesh well with EP & Brock as they like to hang on to the puck, make plays, and eventually find the open man in the slot. Ferland was swapped with Leivo in the 3rd and the 1st line played better.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Ferland was probably the guy I was most excited to see play, was disappointed with his puck skills and lack of physicality, it's game 1 though so not reading much into it.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
People starting to realize that Ferland sucks yet....?

He's not a 1st line player, like myself and others have been saying for 2 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad