Michalek or Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Latest news says Burns is expected to play (at the start) on a line with Walz and Laaksonen. They'll probably pick and choose his games the same way they did Bouchard's. No clue on points.. lots of things may be changing throughout the season.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Mephisto said:
Guys,
I am looking to grab a last prospect and I have the choice between these 2 guys...

I am looking for point sand consistency, any ideas?

Thx.

Just an advice from a fantasy GM just like yourself. Take Michalek. It is practically impossible to predict how the prospect development will go few years down the road. At this point Michalek is quite a bit further along than Burns, he is a more sure bet. He will be able to contribute sooner and more. So if you do not like him, he will still be a better trade asset than Burns.

5 years from now, who knows?

LightningFast

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Mephisto said:
Guys,
I am looking to grab a last prospect and I have the choice between these 2 guys...

Thx.

Hey buddy, i have a copyright on that Avatar . It's everything i got ....

And for your question....pick Michalek, no doubt.

DW

May 3, 2003
MN
Visit site
Michalek for sure. Burns will be groomed slowly just like Bouchard and Schultz were. Michalek is also more polished then Burns. Atleast for now, that is. ;)

#37-#93-#27*

Michalek. There's a reason why he was selected about 12 spots ahead of Burns.

Dr_Chimera*

Mephisto said:
Guys,

Thx.

I think Burns will be a checker. He's a great story, but I don't think he has the hands.

Michalek is a complete package, however. He projects to be an all-around second-line type.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Michalek has had two clutch goals in pre season. I have read 4 plus articles just raving about him. He gained 15 pounds this off season all in Muscle. He's now 6-2 220 pounds.
Where's your source on him adding 15 pounds of weight? That's pretty impressive, and I'm not calling you a liar, but I have seen him countless times this summer, and he does not look 220. I've seen him in civilian clothes as well, and he looks no more than 205-210 lbs.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Burns is the ultimate unknown - he's only played forward for one season, he's still growing, he slipped in under the radar, and now here he is in the NHL after a grand total of 15 goals in junior. All we really know is that he's got size and can skate well, and that he is improving by leaps and bounds, as evinced by his meteoric rise up the CSA charts last spring. Given the rave reviews of the Wild's coaches and management, and the fact he beat out guys like Foy and Wanvig, he might surprise a lot of people this season.

Dr.Strangelove91

Nov 27, 2002
Tricolore world
Visit site
I have not seen much of Burns (in fact not at all) but I'll say this, Milan Michalek looks like solid gold right now. Speed, size, looks very mature mentally and I've read an article on him and one of his teammate said he could stickhandle in a phone booth. Might not turn out to be a huge goal scorer (doesn't shoot much and has an average shot) more of a clutch scorer and playmaker. Every reports indicate he's very aware defensively so that might lower his point potential as he's not a high-risk kind of guy. But with that package of skills, you can't go wrong with him. I've picked him in my farm team, and so far, I'm the happiest man on the planet.

Good luck.

Sea Bass

Mar 6, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Bookman said:
Burns is the ultimate unknown - he's only played forward for one season, he's still growing, he slipped in under the radar, and now here he is in the NHL after a grand total of 15 goals in junior. All we really know is that he's got size and can skate well, and that he is improving by leaps and bounds, as evinced by his meteoric rise up the CSA charts last spring. Given the rave reviews of the Wild's coaches and management, and the fact he beat out guys like Foy and Wanvig, he might surprise a lot of people this season.

The thing about Burns being a forward only for one year is a myth. He was a forward all through minor hockey, played one year at defense in Tier II (because they had an injury shortage back there) but when he came to Brampton Butler had him playing his natural position.

Wild Bill

Jul 6, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
I'm gonna go with Burns just cuz everyone is trashing him here. Brent has made the team here and is pretty much the only good thing going for the Wild these days. He is bigger, stronger and from all accounts much better defensively than Milan, which are vital keys to NHL longevity. Michalek might have a higher point ceiling in the long run, but even that is debatable. There must be a reason the offensively-challenged Wild selected him so high (or higher than projected), cuz the guy can score after all. I can see Bobby Holik, with a good adittude. :yo:

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
I've heard Michalek compared to Jere Lehtonen and Burns compared to Adam Graves. So I guess you have to figure out who is more likely to achieve his full potential, because I'd like either of those players on my team anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad