Michaels Versus Hart

Who was better?

• Total voters

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would go with Hart. When on his game you could argue Michaels was better but biggest problem for me is Michaels from time to time didn't seem to put on a good performance when he didn't feel like it. Hart on the other hand would always give 100% effort. That to me is the difference

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I never liked either of them, but if I had to pick I suppose I would go with Hart, though he was bland, and on his best nights Michaels was probably a hair better, you could always count on Hart to show up and put in a good effort and not disappear for months or get into bar fights with servicemen

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I never liked either of them, but if I had to pick I suppose I would go with Hart, though he was bland, and on his best nights Michaels was probably a hair better, you could always count on Hart to show up and put in a good effort and not disappear for months or get into bar fights with servicemen

You don't like either... who the f*** do you like?!

Reactions: CHGoalie27

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would go with Hart. When on his game you could argue Michaels was better but biggest problem for me is Michaels from time to time didn't seem to put on a good performance when he didn't feel like it. Hart on the other hand would always give 100% effort. That to me is the difference
Michaels had major consistency issues that people tend to overlook. Bret had great matches with everyone.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Michaels lucked out in the friends department. That's all he had on Bret.
Disagree. He was the most acrobatic and durable of the heavyweight class. His ability to work with the biggest and heaviest in such a convincing fashion, his sales and ability to create chemistry with literally anyone is every bit as good, if not an asshair better than Bret (I'm goin as good lol)

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Disagree. He was the most acrobatic and durable of the heavyweight class. His ability to work with the biggest and heaviest in such a convincing fashion, his sales and ability to create chemistry with literally anyone is every bit as good, if not an asshair better than Bret (I'm goin as good lol)

Disgrace.

tumblr_opdbzr1ge11sdqajoo1_400.gif

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I disagree about durable. He had his share of injuries, and even gave up the belt to go home for awhile. Bret had great matches with everyone that HBK had a great match with. You can't say the opposite.
People remember Shawn as better because he worked a flashier, more exciting style. Bret was better at telling stories though.
The biggest difference though was in drawing ability. Bret drew slightly better in the US, and way better internationally.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Whats this?
The "Montreal Screwjob" is what it's become known as. Basically Vince wanted Brett to give up the title to Shawn. Brett didn't want to. Vince made it happen anyway. That's the way condensed version. There's no real innocent party involved, not even Brett who wasn't willing to play ball. Vince is, ultimately, the bad guy if you really want to point a finger.

Last edited:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
For just in-ring work - I'm going with Bret Hart. Michaels' resume is helped a lot by his 2002-2010 work where his opponents were a lot better than what Bret got. I can only imagine what kind of matches Bret Hart could have had in the 2000's with Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Triple H, Cena, etc. Although I put both Benoit and Angle above both of them.

I think most people will say HBK had better mic work, but I think it's a lot closer than you think. Both were awesome on the mic as heels, but I'd put Bret's face promos ahead of HBK's face promos.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Bret Hart did a good promo if you pay attention and know his history. When he was making fire heel promos it still made sense from where he was in the years before.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
That's from an episode of Raw in early 1997. It's also definitive proof that Bret was willing to drop the title to Michaels.

Are you sure that's from Raw? I don't remember a Bret Hart-HBK match on a 1997 Raw. And how is that proof of Bret willing to drop the title to HBK? Not that I don't think he would have (I'm in the Vince screwed Bret camp), I just don't know if that clip shows anything.

I'm probably wrong but before reading your post, I would have thought that clip is from a house show.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Are you sure that's from Raw? I don't remember a Bret Hart-HBK match on a 1997 Raw. And how is that proof of Bret willing to drop the title to HBK? Not that I don't think he would have (I'm in the Vince screwed Bret camp), I just don't know if that clip shows anything.

I'm probably wrong but before reading your post, I would have thought that clip is from a house show.

It's from the February 3 Raw in 1997.

As far as Bret dropping the title, you may be thinking too much when reading my post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad