Signing(s): Michael Thomas signs extension (5 years, $100 million)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Not exactly the same thing because Thomas was a 2nd round pick and I think much better than Colston was, but kind of crazy how the Saints transitioned from one consistently good #1 WR to another seemingly out of the blue (Colston was a 7th round pick in 2006 and was excellent immediately). By the end of this contract it'll be nearly 20 years of having a really good #1 WR, with only a bit of downtime between when Colston fell off and Thomas burst onto the scene.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Not exactly the same thing because Thomas was a 2nd round pick and I think much better than Colston was, but kind of crazy how the Saints transitioned from one consistently good #1 WR to another seemingly out of the blue (Colston was a 7th round pick in 2006 and was excellent immediately). By the end of this contract it'll be nearly 20 years of having a really good #1 WR, with only a bit of downtime between when Colston fell off and Thomas burst onto the scene.

It's just nice to hear someone refer to the Quiet Storm as a #1 WR. He seemed to always be underappreciated to people outside of Saints fandom.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
It's just nice to hear someone refer to the Quiet Storm as a #1 WR. He seemed to always be underappreciated to people outside of Saints fandom.

As a Saints fan, I appreciate the guy very much so and am thankful they were blessed with Colston and Thomas back to back.

Thomas deserves every penny.

It’s been a treat to watch those two over the years.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Saints had no choice. They truly didn't.

Every year is one where father time can catch up to Drew Brees, every year is 1 where a low hit could ruin, or atleast derail Kamara's career.

The next Saints QB will likely be a rookie with a way lower cap hit, and that kid will be very happy to have Thomas as a deep threat option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Even with the Saints having a big following he's still underrated.

At this point WR deals are just going to get higher and higher, they can thank OBJ for resetting the receiver market.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Thomas is the best in game without doubt in my eyes. Guys catch rate was insane and he's my keeper in PPR fantasy this year after helping me go back to back :D. Can't believe I'm dropping Gurley from keeper status but don't trust his knee and Thomas is as close to guarantee as anyone in league to produce. Congrats Saints on getting him locked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad