Value of: Michael Stone

Pongo

Nov 30, 2012
Halifax
As the Leafs are looking to upgrade their blue line, and Stone being a 6'3 RHD, what would it take to pry him out of Arizona?

To be honest I don't know much about him, what his ceiling is/could be and if he would be worth looking into (cant be worse then what we have)

Thoughts?

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
My guess is 2 2nds or a low 1st and a med prospect from a contender.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
As the Leafs are looking to upgrade their blue line, and Stone being a 6'3 RHD, what would it take to pry him out of Arizona?

To be honest I don't know much about him, what his ceiling is/could be and if he would be worth looking into (cant be worse then what we have)

Thoughts?
UFA rental thats a 2nd pairing defenseman on the 2nd worst team in the league. I had high hopes for him when he was a Hitmen but last year looks to be an anomaly

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
A 2nd and a 4th.

I'd love him on Tampa.

He'd be the 4/5 on Tampa and the 4 on Toronto.

Last edited:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Probably a late 1st or a 2nd+3rd or something. Personally I would really like getting Bozak for him.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Blackhawks offer Trevor van Riemsdyk straight up.

Value might be alright, but he there isn't really a place for him on the team. Trading Stone means DeAngelo moves up to the NHL. Then next year we hope Wood will move up. Unless we're getting someone who can play with OEL we likely aren't going to be trading for a NHL ready dman.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Would not mind Ottawa getting him if the ask was not much.

Where would he play? Ottawa already has 4 RD out of 6 guys if you include Phaneuf playing there prior to joining the team. I think Ottawa fans just like the idea because they want to do anything humanly possible to keep Mark Stone happy. Maybe if they lose Wideman in the expansion draft they can sign Stone as the 3rd pairing RD.

Yotes fans say he has been very poor this year.

newdublinsensfan

Apr 22, 2012
Stone had a serious knee injury and surgery in April. He is obviously still recovering from it. I would think by the time the playoffs arrive he will be 100%. Edmonton is a logical place for him. He should be worth a second and a third rounder. I still see him and Hanzal bundled into a package for Edmonton by the TDL

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Petry - who was arguably a more valuable player - went for a 2nd and conditional 5th, that would be the max I'd say unless GMs lose their minds and start giving out 1st rounders like candy which has happened in the past

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto

Thoughts?

In what world is the defenseman with the 3rd worst CF% in the NHL an upgrade on anything other than a bucket of spit.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sellers market for dmen... stone had enough success last year that someone will overpay for him

If Arizona takes back salary then I definitely see a first as possible

Risky business though trading for damaged goods. A month ago I felt willing to gamble on stone. Today I hope my bruins steer clear.

As for edmonton... don't see stone upgrading over either Larsen or russell... and don't see the benefit to sitting davidson. On left side stone wouldn't play ahead of sekera... klefbom and nurse need the experience.

Can't see edmonton giving up a first and they don't have a second. There's no fit here

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
I would offer a 2nd and a third or meh prospect. Leg is still bothering him i think. When he played agaisnt the flames he just didnt look like his previous self, when on his game though hell of a player

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pens will give a 2nd and a 4th or 5th. Good depth guy for us if we trade a D or one gets hurt which always seems to happen. Would like to see the pens go after him or kulikov

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I would offer a 2nd and a third or meh prospect. Leg is still bothering him i think. When he played agaisnt the flames he just didnt look like his previous self, when on his game though hell of a player

I think this is fair value and a proper assessment. But TipKa will try and see if a team will look at him as the pre-injury Stone and give up something more. I bet he'll be moved very close to the deadline.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Isn't Stone pretty damn good? Like a solid #3 borderline #2? Why get rid of him?

AZ is a terrible team, with a terrible coach; only team giving Colorado a run for their money. Team is clearly in an in-between period. Looking to liquidate assets; why not get rid of him? Anything not nailed down should be out the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->