Michael Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evman*

So just how is my favourite prospect these days?

Is it too early to say I told you so, or is he actually going to become something in the league?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
He's doing pretty well considering many people were saying his career was over after taking a nasty hit at the end of last year.

I was shocked to see him in camp, let alone skating just as fast as he used to and still recklessly throwing his body into people.

With his intangibles he's always a shot at making the NHL, he's very fast, he's defensively aware, he's a tenacious worker. I just don't know if he makes it with Buffalo considering they have alot of fowards like this (Roy, Bartovic, Paille, Thorburn, Stafford).

I'm not sure what he weighed last year, I think it was closer to 176 lbs than his 191 that he weighs now. Pretty good for a kid who could only start working out a few weeks before the season started.

His main problem is that of a few players I listed above. Especially Bartovic. And that's his wrist shot. It's fast, but very "inaccurate". Actually it may not be a mechanical problem, it may be more that he always looks to be rushing his shots. You would think someone with his speed would be used to 1 on 1 situations with the goaltender but he clomes up short alot.

I think he should be on pace for 15 goals this year at the very least.

But I would say he does have a shot at the NHL, with his attitude and speed alone, but he's also 6' 1" and has some filling out to do still.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
He's pretty much picked up where he left off in last year.
Ryan digging in for the Amerks
"I know for a fact I will play in the NHL," Ryan says. "Whether it's one year, two years or three years, I'm not going to settle for not making it. I've come this far; I'm old enough and mature enough to know what I want to do with my life. I have school to fall back on as well, but right now I'm dead set on making it in the NHL."

He plays a lot like the Johan Hecht we saw last season, without the offensive ability. If the kid is as determined as he says he is, I can see him making it as 3rd liner.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
As the fellow Sabre fans here know, I'm as critical as anybody. But I like Ryan. He is such a fast skater, and has a great ability to kill penalties. Not afraid to hit, and will chip in some goals from the fourth line. I don't think he is 100% back from last year, but just about.

Now if only he had a decent center, then his scoring might pick up some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->