Confirmed with Link: Michael Raffl to the Capitals for a 5th round draft pick

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I could see Raffl playing 3LW down the road.
OV-Kuzy-Wilson
Sheary-Backstrom-Mantha
Raffle-Eller-Oshie
Hags-Dowd-Hathaway
Sprong

That is a deep playoff lineup. And if someone not playing well, there is a 13F ready to come in. Plus we’ll have a couple of AHL’ers who can play a game like against the Pens in Cup run.

Jun 15, 2007
Who's gonna sit for Raffl to get some games in and adjust to the system?

Feel like it will be Sprong but it should be Hathaway.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Sprong is not suited for and doesn't have the type of responsibilities Raffl usually takes on. I don't know what rationale they would put behind a decision to sit Sprong to let Raffl into the lineup. I agree that it has to be Hathaway going out. They can interchange them on game to game basis depending on what kinda game they want from the 4th line. If it's speed it's definitely Raffl, if it's physical grinding style then it's Hathaway.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Who's gonna sit for Raffl to get some games in and adjust to the system?

Feel like it will be Sprong but it should be Hathaway.
Probably Sprong because they have been unwilling to break up the 4th line for quite a while now. But, personally, I agree that I wouldn't mind seeing what Raffl could do in the place of Hathaway or Hagelin.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Raffl is a left wing. Guess he is listed as LW/RW. Even Center. But for playoffs, i am playing Raffl and using his experience and sitting Sprong. Need an offensive spark, you bring Sprong in for a game or three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->