Confirmed with Link: Michael Raffl to Dallas Stars (1 year, $1.1M AAV)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
its more so another roster spot, not so much where in the lineup

I mean we all saw how lost Robertson looked when he was playing fourth line minutes to start the year. He's just not that type of player and neither are Damiani or Mascherin.

They're offensive minded players. Can't pair them with grinders who bring little offense. Helps nobody.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I mean we all saw how lost Robertson looked when he was playing fourth line minutes to start the year. He's just not that type of player and neither are Damiani or Mascherin.

They're offensive minded players. Can't pair them with grinders who bring little offense. Helps nobody.

With the case of Mascherin, he definitely needs to be slotted into a top 6 role, and that may not happen with the Stars because superior and younger players will likely snatch those spots first over the next couple of years.

I can see Damiani being successful with a top 9 role. I think he has the hustle and defensive awareness to be an NHL-level 3rd line centre/winger.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I don't know why you think the 4th line has to be full of grinders, but I don't think any of our new signings are going to be part of a checking line. That'll be whatever line Faksa centers, or maybe they'll match power for power with the Hintz or Seguin lines.

Just an FYI, this guy didn't PK at all for Washington last year
(ok fine, 5 minutes and 33 seconds), and barely did for Philly (~1 min per game). Went a year back and it looks like he was a bigger part of the PK in Philadelphia the year prior, they were pretty good, 11th in the league. Kind of inconclusive, but he was the 4th highest TOI PKer among forwards in Philly 2 years ago when he last did it full time.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Raffl seems to be a little more skilled and has a better shot than Cogliano and even Comeau. Stats dont really represent it but you can just see it he's a better puck handler

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I had hoped that we might go after a more skilled guy and stick Kiviranta on the Faksa-Comeau line, but we are capped out so I understand this move

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I really like Raffl. I didn't think Dallas would spend on veterans with the depth of young guys they had, but when people were mentioning anyone other than Caamano/Gardner, this was the type of guy I was hoping they get if Dallas went that direction.

I like him in Phil, and I thought he was good for Washington in his short time there. I thought I saw they wanted to bring him back.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->