Michael Nylander joins Steelheads as assistant

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The hiring comes a day after Mississauga received a commitment from Nylander’s son Alexander to join the team.

:laugh: Yeah not hard to see what happened there.

Is it just me or does Michael seem to follow his sons wherever they play? William bounced around SHL with his dad and now he's coaching Alex. It seems a little curious.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Is it just me or does Michael seem to follow his sons wherever they play? William bounced around SHL with his dad and now he's coaching Alex. It seems a little curious.

He's the primary reason why William had the "diva" tag on him pre-draft as he dragged his son around with him preventing his son to make any sort of commitment to a team.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada

yeah he does i guess but not surprising he wants to be near his sons and likely now he can see William play for the leafs or marlies in person sometimes instead of having to watch on tv or livestreams.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
To me it makes sense on both front (family and hockey). The Nylanders can move to the GTA and not worry about kids billeting and staying with someone else half way across the world.

Steelheads add a ex NHL player with over 1000 NHL games and 100 international games.

Can't wait for home opener tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad