Confirmed with Link: Michael McCarron Extended (1-Year, 2-Way @ $700K AAV / $125K AHL)

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
I really think McCarron has some offensive upside to him but has never been given a chance in an offensive role. The new coach in Laval helped him out a ton building up his confidence again. If you check out these old highlights in London he was on a line with Domi and Marner and really worked well with smaller skilled forwards. He crashed the net, set up screens and defended his teammates if anyone ever touched them. He also has a real nice shot but never really displayed it much with the Habs.

I know it was a while ago but the big guys take time and his skating/stamina is way better now. I've been cheering for him since London, hopefully, he cracks the team but plenty of ice time with Laval isn't bad for him as well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
People were passionate about Lefevbre? Wow... Clearly he was a hack. He was a Michael Therrien of the AHL in terms of his competence to coach. But I bet he was a good yes man, a buddy, un chum s'ti ,and god knows what else so Bergivin kept him until heat got too much.

I don't know Bouchard from adam, but from what is being said sounds like he is a lot more competent as far as both coaching and developing young players. The results weren't there last year either, but I imagine it would take a lot more than a year to clean Bergevein's mess at any level of the organization.

either it was they liked him perhaps for being a former Hab or they just wanted to give him shit for it. Some will defend anything bad that posters point out imo. If Lefebvre is doing a bad job that it's also MB's fault for keeping him around and if you have been here long enough you would likely see the lengths some will go to 2 defend him. Not that I can blame them to some degree as the mob will take things too far in the other direction as well. But I also rub some the wrong way as I'm very opinionated when I put in the time/energy to watch/follow our prospects so I'm sure it annoys at least a few. It was crazy there for a while, even had a stalker just because he/she didn't like what I said about Lefebvre.

Bouchard has impressed me, the results were there in the 1st half and then all the goal scorers were called up or traded. That said he had them playing so much better defensively that the team looked night and day. It's too bad they didn't send Hudon or Peca down, that would have helped a lot as Evans and Belzile were the only offense.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I really think McCarron has some offensive upside to him but has never been given a chance in an offensive role. The new coach in Laval helped him out a ton building up his confidence again. If you check out these old highlights in London he was on a line with Domi and Marner and really worked well with smaller skilled forwards. He crashed the net, set up screens and defended his teammates if anyone ever touched them. He also has a real nice shot but never really displayed it much with the Habs.

I know it was a while ago but the big guys take time and his skating/stamina is way better now. I've been cheering for him since London, hopefully, he cracks the team but plenty of ice time with Laval isn't bad for him as well.

yeah I hope they put him with a Poehling or a Suzuki. I always liked him. He could still surprise but it seems pretty unlikely at this point. Odds are stacked against him but bigger guys just seem to take longer. Would like to see what he does with some skill. Hopefully they move him to the wing too. This should be a given.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
People were passionate about Lefevbre? Wow... Clearly he was a hack. He was a Michael Therrien of the AHL.

As much as I loathed Therrien he was always 10 times the coach Lefebvre was. I betcha ANY coach working in the Q would've been better and let's not forget his partner in crime Donald Dufresne.

Makes me pissed just thinking about all those years ruined for the Habs and those young players and their careers handed over to those two idiots.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I'll never forget the friends era.. it was discusting. MB sucks and the previous incompetence wont be forgotten.. unless he makes miracles this year.. which is unlikely (prove me wrong MB) I think the canadiens will downgrade considerably this year.. MB doesnt have a clue what's coming this year. nothing against our players per say.. its just that there is not enough talent and a shitload of 4th liners and depth players.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'll never forget the friends era.. it was discusting. MB sucks and the previous incompetence wont be forgotten.. unless he makes miracles this year.. which is unlikely (peove me wrong) I think the canadiens will downgrade considerably this year.. MB doesnt have a clue what's coming this year. nothing against our players per say.. its just that there is not enough talent and a ****load of 4th liners and depth players.
I agree with this.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

Could

Boyle was a late bloomer ,decent hands ,can be nasty at times and if his skating has improved he could be a very effective 3rd-4rth liner.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I have a good feeling about him this year, I think he sticks around for most of the season with limited icetime

nah not for me, not to start at least let him play in the ahl to start at least until he dominates (truly) then bring him back.. because otherwise will bring him up to start the season break his confidence or even he tries to do stuff he shouldnt do.. or maybe he even plays good for a few then gets benched sent back and claimed on waivers.. I want him to succeed with us.. so lets give him as much time at Laval so we can bring him up when we feel it is for good.. then if it doesnt work out he can play elsewhere if he gets claimed. McCarron could still take 2 years to be a good pro.. huge players sometimes take quite some time to find their Game.. I am all in to give him a TRUE chance with us and that means spend as much time as possible with Bouchard and co first. then give him a chance. not to start its just not going to work imo. #asset management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad