Michael Grabner

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Kennedy has been as advertised, a hustling 3rd liner who will get under opponents skin. I appreciate what he brings versus 2015 Grabner.

I agree.

And as others have said, if Grabner isn't blasting by opponents with his speed, there's little more he puts on the table.

I see a very short future with the Isles.

Kennedy ain't half bad in his role.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Last night there was nothing special about Kennedy. We give up a 7 th round pick for this guy and
Cappy falls in love with him.he has had a couple good games. Most of the time he is not noticeable at all.
Grabner belongs on the ice.
Our problems start with little Hickey. Terrible. He was the non defense being played when the wild scored and we got lucky with a couple minutes left with him on ice again.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
If Grabs cant skate he's useless. Guy has hands made of cinder blocks, at least Kennedy generates some semblance of offense.

Neither will be in the lineup once Grabovski (hopefully) returns.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
If Grabs cant skate he's useless. Guy has hands made of cinder blocks, at least Kennedy generates some semblance of offense.

Neither will be in the lineup once Grabovski (hopefully) returns.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
On his WORST day, Grabner would still bring just as much to the table as Kennedy...and I think Kennedy's a serviceable player, but common already.

Grabner needs to play. Let your eagles fly Cappy! Stop tying them down ffs!

BroadwayJay*

His injuries have really hurt his speed this year and that was his calling card. Without those wheels he's just another middling player. He'll be traded next season.

Kreskin the Amazing!

Smash255

Oct 22, 2003
Farmingdale
none.com
When he is fully healthy Grabner is flying all over the ice. He doesn't finish that well, but he can generate a ton of chances some eventually go in. He has had the speed in flashes this season, but with all the injuries his speed hasn't really been there for large chunks of the season. When the speed isn't there, he just isn't the same player, and since he never really finishes well even with the speed, when he doesn't have it, he is even more expandable. I really like what Grabner can bring to the table when fully healthy, but he hasn't appeared to be fully healthy pretty much all year.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
When he is fully healthy Grabner is flying all over the ice. He doesn't finish that well, but he can generate a ton of chances some eventually go in. He has had the speed in flashes this season, but with all the injuries his speed hasn't really been there for large chunks of the season. When the speed isn't there, he just isn't the same player, and since he never really finishes well even with the speed, when he doesn't have it, he is even more expandable. I really like what Grabner can bring to the table when fully healthy, but he hasn't appeared to be fully healthy pretty much all year.

I'd argue that even when he doesn't appear to be 100%, he's still just as good an option as Kennedy

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I'd argue that even when he doesn't appear to be 100%, he's still just as good an option as Kennedy
I agree, and I think the playoff experience Kennedy brings is a plus over Grabner also.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
I agree, and I think the playoff experience Kennedy brings is a plus over Grabner also.

You may want to re-read my post lol I was trying to say Grabner>Kennedy

We don't agree on stuff lol

Smash255

Oct 22, 2003
Farmingdale
none.com

Grabner is clearly more talented, but when he doesn't have the speed, his game suffers considerably. If he is healthy he is the clear choice. If not it is more of tossup, and I can understand an argument for both sides. Kennedy has a bit more grit which can come in handy in the playoffs.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Some of you need to do a reassessment of Grabner and what he's currently bringing to the table. Too many people here act like he's been playing the same way as the guy who scored 30 goals a few years back and that just isn't true.

What one thing does the do well besides being fast when he's healthy? He doesn't score, doesn't forecheck, doesn't drive possession (-2.2 CF% Relative), etc.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
On his WORST day, Grabner would still bring just as much to the table as Kennedy...and I think Kennedy's a serviceable player, but common already.

Grabner needs to play. Let your eagles fly Cappy! Stop tying them down ffs!

Kennedy is very good on the forecheck, gets steals pretty consistently, will shoot from anywhere, and can possess the puck.

Grabner is fast, sometimes.

Kennedy is the more complete hockey player. He's also been playing better than Grabner this season for this team.

Some of you need to do a reassessment of Grabner and what he's currently bringing to the table. Too many people here act like he's been playing the same way as the guy who scored 30 goals a few years back and that just isn't true.

What one thing does the do well besides being fast when he's healthy? He doesn't score, doesn't forecheck, doesn't drive possession (-2.2 CF% Relative), etc.

People are in love with what he did years ago. I said at the time that he'd never replicate those numbers again because he just isn't a good enough finisher. Years later, we've never seen another 30 goal season from him.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
We should've tried to get something for Grabner+ at the deadline. He is signed another year. With the log jam at forward it would've made sense. Paying him millions to sit, which will be even more true when Grabo returns.

I do like him and his speed but he's wasting away here.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
We should've tried to get something for Grabner+ at the deadline. He is signed another year. With the log jam at forward it would've made sense. Paying him millions to sit, which will be even more true when Grabo returns.

I do like him and his speed but he's wasting away here.

He has no value.

Islanders1932

Jul 16, 2006
Long Island
www.beyondthetestprep.com
release-the-wee-kraken.jpg

AndThereGoesGrabner*

Grabner is grossly being mis-used by Capuano. Even when Grabs was playing well, Capuano would play him like 10 minutes a game. Capuano has a dislike for Grabner for some reason, and its actually hurting the team.

AndThereGoesGrabner*

I would rather see Capuano go than Grabner. You put a healthy Grabner on the Devils and he makes that team at least mediocre.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I can't imagine he's on the team next year. He's had a pretty weak year and hasn't been the same since the hernia injury. I'm not sure what we can get for him in the offseason, but I'm sure he won't go for nothing.

Also, Kennedy has been awesome. I really like the hustle he brings, and the Kulemin-Nielsen-Kennedy line has been really good.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->